GEN 1 License Plate Hinge for Accessing Winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgwoody

Reaction score
Hello! I just installed a winch behind my license plate on my 2013 Screw. I reinstalled the factory license plate bracket in its original spot. I’m curious if anyone has a hinged solution (preferably spring loaded) that would allow me to flip it up to easily access the winch. I know about the Sto N Sho, but that’s over 100 bucks, I’m looking for something homemade

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something like this? A bunch of companies make hinged plate holders that mount off the fairlead.

fsghshdhdh.png

OP
OP
J

jgwoody

Reaction score
Something like this? A bunch of companies make hinged plate holders that mount off the fairlead.

View attachment 163359
Yeah that would be awesome. I like that one uses the horizontal bolts on the fairlead. All the ones I’ve seen use vertical bolts, which my fairlead doesn’t have (mine is the aluminum as pictures, not the roller type)

kocher93

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would be awesome. I like that one uses the horizontal bolts on the fairlead. All the ones I’ve seen use vertical bolts, which my fairlead doesn’t have (mine is the aluminum as pictures, not the roller type)

I had a DV8 one on my Jk. It had a decent finish and wasn't too expensive. https://dv8offroad.com/collections/winches/products/lpbm-01

For the shackle or hook I had an aluminum smittybilt that didn't lay flat (pictured) with something like that the plate holder wouldn't go near being down and was pointing up at like a 45 angle.

Roxor+Smittybilt+Winch+Shackle+Final.png