LF door/pillar speaker cut out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks my truck's left front door speaker and A-pillar speaker will randomly cut out then come back in. After some googling I see that this is a known issue with pre 2013 trucks, but mine is a 13+. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and resolved it.

Currently out of warranty and the dealer's service department is a joke where I live so I'll have to do it myself.

Anyone else have the issue?.....stock system with the Kicker add on sub.

- Travis

OP
OP
trayack

trayack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just incase anyone else has this issue I figured I'd update the thread for future searchers.

I ended up ordering the replacement door harness from Ford for $60 or so and installed it. Install is super simple except for the bulkhead fitting on the door jam. Its a PITA to get it plugged and locked back into place as it hits the door before it full seats. A little bit of wiggling and jiggling will eventually get it in there without taking the door off so just be patient with it.

Once installed....the issue has not returned yet.

- Travis