Votes: 16 25.0%
  • New Springs (Eibach etc)

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • Perch Collar (RPG etc)

Votes: 29 45.3%
  • Top Mount (ReadyLift etc)

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjslat

Reaction score
All options seem to be about the same price or close enough. I like the way the front end dives and pitches around corners and don't want to lose any of that with a perch collar.
For the Gen3 would a top mount kit do any harm? My local shop said it's fine to do because the Raptor has internal bump stops?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Either leave it stock or do a perch collar. Any top mount spacer will put undue stress on your ball joints and tie rods, and the factory shocks are not tuned to work well with lift springs.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure you going to have to run the ride height adjustment routine whether it’s springs or collars you use.

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll just say it first. I lowered the back to level it out. Very happy with the look and the handling on and off-road. You know: CG and all that.

Much easier in my Gen I, than replacing coils in the Gen 3, but don't dismiss it out of hand.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering a perch lift because I may want to go to 37s at some point. However, if I just do RPGs for now, do I need to do anything else? Do I also need to do anything with a bump stop?

And if I do the RPGs, is it going to make the truck drive or feel any less Raptor-y...?

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iam just glad the rear coils, if needed, will be soooo much cheaper than Deavers.