Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Level or No Level?

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]' started by FarmersFight, Oct 11, 2020.

1. txgunsntrucks

txgunsntrucks Full Access Member

zero issue with how level my truck is as it came from the factory.

having said that if you want to dump money into yours for whatever reason, have at it.

isis likes this.
  2. Guy

Guy FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

If you want to run true 35s with any kind of offset rim you’ll rub without a front level.

that is the real reason to do it.

3. Gdog

Gdog Full Access Member

The real reason for me was I wanted my truck level period. End of story

4. Jeff-Ohio

Jeff-Ohio Full Access Member

I am not saying that anything you have stated is inaccurate, but nobody seems to know anything about what you are recommending which is frustrating. I called two Ford dealerships and they told me nothing needs to be done. I even contacted Fox directly and asked them about having to do a "ride height recalibration" to which they stated "Never heard of such thing! What will happen is that your shocks will be riding close to fully extended so you will be riding more in the catch zone." and "The module does not control where the piston sits in the inner body. The ride height will determine that and to my knowledge no changes needed to the system.". Thoughts? My truck seems to be riding fine, but if there are any improvements that can be made, I am always game.

5. 500mag

500mag Full Access Member

Ability to run larger tires (37s).

6. GordoJay

GordoJay Full Access Member

Read this thread. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/deaver-eibach-combo.77943/

Jeff-Ohio likes this.
  7. DAB

DAB Member

Just had Eibach's installed on my 2020 SCREW yesterday. Honestly, I don't feel much difference in the ride over stock. Maybe slightly stiffer. Admittedly haven't driven it much with the new springs yet. After installation, the front of the truck now sits about 1/2 inch higher than the rear (if you measure from the ground to the bottom of the fender flare). The shop said that the springs will "settle in" and drop slightly over time. I was wondering if anyone can give feedback as to how many miles it will take them to settle, and how much of a drop to expect.

8. K223

K223 FRF Addict

My truck is dead level after getting Eibachs on. Make sure your on a perfectly level parking spot if your going to measure. In my months of having them, there has been no settling.

I would suggest getting the ride height calibrated to reset the shocks as well. This is apparently not common knowledge on for 19-20’s with the live valve shocks.

9. DAB

DAB Member

Thanks. Is recalibration something that the dealership would do since the springs were modified, or would I need to take it to a specialty shop?

10. K223

K223 FRF Addict

Most dealers will do it for a fee. However most are not familiar with the process. Your luck with that varies. If you can find a local performance shop that’s well familiar with Raptors, that’s even a better bet.

DAB likes this.