Lets start modding. DRAGY results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I’m telling you the truck will for sure run 12s on E50! I run 12.7@108 on stock truck, no spare, with a ~50 lb tri/fold bed cover. The 60 ft was still 1.8, but the truck is heavy. It really puts the power down good after you’re at ~100 ft

With my 93 tune the best was 13.1@102, so you’re all over it. I’m about to try some Boostane with my 93 tune to see what it can do.

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
Just some more comparison info on the different fuels/tuning.

My 2021 3.0 TTEB ExplorerST ran/runs 13.6@100 stock

13.2@105 w/93 tune

12.1@114 on E50 tune

It will break into the 11s if I did just a little prep like removing the 3 grandkids car seats along with all their required support items like video, toys, and blankets. It’s really the wife’s car and I promised I wouldn’t race it or make it “loud”. It sucks that her car is faster/quicker than my truck, but I still have CRP Stage5 setup waiting for, well I don’t know what…

So, beware! Some of those stock SUVs with old lady’s behind the wheel in the traffic around you can crush your performance ego!

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m telling you the truck will for sure run 12s on E50! I run 12.7@108 on stock truck, no spare, with a ~50 lb tri/fold bed cover. The 60 ft was still 1.8, but the truck is heavy. It really puts the power down good after you’re at ~100 ft

With my 93 tune the best was 13.1@102, so you’re all over it. I’m about to try some Boostane with my 93 tune to see what it can do.
Good info! What are your thoughts on a truck (mine) with a Goosetune Stage 2 - 93 Octane and Water/Methanol - Upgraded I/C and TCU Tune? With the WMI boosted Octane/Cooling (and Winfield tuned for it) - Do you think it should perform similar to the E50? Just curious what your thoughts are?

I will test it out at some point with my Dragy :)

Thanks
DC

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
Good info! What are your thoughts on a truck (mine) with a Goosetune Stage 2 - 93 Octane and Water/Methanol - Upgraded I/C and TCU Tune? With the WMI boosted Octane/Cooling (and Winfield tuned for it) - Do you think it should perform similar to the E50? Just curious what your thoughts are?

I will test it out at some point with my Dragy :)

Thanks
DC
Can’t say for sure, but I think it would come close, but not quite the same.

I’ve run WMI in other turbocharged vehicles and it works great, then I tried E50. I’ll never go back to the WMI setup though. Well, unless the corn whisky ethanol is finally banned from food-product production.

The only hardware change I recommend for E50 is adding an ethanol content analyzer (ECA), so you can be more accurate in the mix. The E50 is more effective in its purpose of cooling plus it is a fuel in itself. The methanol in WMI is also a fuel, but the water displaces some fuel volume to keep the methanol from being so explosive in the tank and high-pressure pump lines. Pure methanol is too dangerous for normal street use, plus it’s way more corrosive than ethanol.

I’m certainly not against WMI if ethanol isn’t available! I have a new WMI kit I bought for my Focus RS, but I’m saving it for now to run E50 in it too.

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t say for sure, but I think it would come close, but not quite the same.

I’ve run WMI in other turbocharged vehicles and it works great, then I tried E50. I’ll never go back to the WMI setup though. Well, unless the corn whisky ethanol is finally banned from food-product production.

The only hardware change I recommend for E50 is adding an ethanol content analyzer (ECA), so you can be more accurate in the mix. The E50 is more effective in its purpose of cooling plus it is a fuel in itself. The methanol in WMI is also a fuel, but the water displaces some fuel volume to keep the methanol from being so explosive in the tank and high-pressure pump lines. Pure methanol is too dangerous for normal street use, plus it’s way more corrosive than ethanol.

I’m certainly not against WMI if ethanol isn’t available! I have a new WMI kit I bought for my Focus RS, but I’m saving it for now to run E50 in it too.
Great. Thanks for the information and opinions. Kind of what I was thinking as well...Just validating, so appreciate it.

DC

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did a run this morning . 93 octane stage 2 with boostane mixed to 95 octane. I launched pretty dam hard. It lept into the air I believe the left front and rear tire lost traction . It was pretty violent! I even let out just before 100 mph cause i didnt think it was a good run . Still ran best et yet . 13.2. I got out of 4.9 0to60s . 4.5 sec with 1ft roll out . Spare tire still on as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220326-073148_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20220326-073148_dragy.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20220326-073203_dragy.jpg
    Screenshot_20220326-073203_dragy.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yeah I thought of e50 but only one station sells e85 here and quality is crap . My co worker runs it in his zL1. He always has to test it . Thought of water and **** too. Seems like a pain to keep full and a lot of extra components. Boostane is my best bet to get some octane on daily driver. I fill up look how many gallons I put in drive home and pour required amount. 26 gallons fuel requires 8 ounces of boostane for 95 octane. When Summer heat hits I will back down to 87 octane stage 2 and 91 fuel. It pulls a ton of timing in Arizona heat betting lose at least 50 hp. DA goes to 6000 feet.

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
I think you’re on the right track with the Boostane. I have a case of 32oz cans of Boostane Pro in the garage myself. I’m going to mix it to 100+ octane soon and see if I can run the same Boost, Load/Torque, and Timing as E50 so I have more options as well.