Lets start modding. DRAGY results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I get it. I can’t speak for how the gas affects power. I’ve always known turbo vehicles to be much better on power in cold weather due to air density and the mileage gets worse at the same time. Whether that’s from the additional power or the crud gas is for more interested people than me to figure out.
Agreed in regards to forced induction liking cold air. Well in reality the cooler and more dense(more oxygen)the air is, the more it will require additional fuel. Hence more power! Hot air is normally a leaner A/F ratio. Eh class dismissed!

Sad thing is I have had everything bought almost 2 years ago . Was just sitting in garage. Garret I bought in Feb of 2020. I left truck stock until I saw gen 3 and trx and after the reveal when I decided to put the mods on.

So will runs be made on Stg 1 with just the addition of the new IC?

We’re you thinking of a Gen 3 or TRX until you found out what powertrains, options, price came out and changed your mind?

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well My Draggy thing is screwed up , wont connect to my phone . Tried to reinstall app. Unit itself not putting out Blue tooth signal.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I was wrong and it’s the summer gas that’s crappier. Normal cars get worse mileage off of it but a turbo car will just pull performance and actually get better mileage And worse power. Winter gas and colder air is the double whammy on a turbo for performance and worse mileage.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FWIW I was wrong and it’s the summer gas that’s crappier. Normal cars get worse mileage off of it but a turbo car will just pull performance and actually get better mileage And worse power. Winter gas and colder air is the double whammy on a turbo for performance and worse mileage.
That exactly makes sense and is exactly what’s going on. Good find.

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far seat of the pants feels good with garrett. Started getting pending code .p2282 air leak between throttle and intake valve . With engine idling. Found it on bbk aluminum cap is missing boost must of popped it off. Called bbk they are sending me a new cap. Sent them pictures. I'm going to epoxy that sucker on. Swapped stock TB back on .

Attachments

• 20211130_095409.jpg
    20211130_095409.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20211129_182743.jpg
    20211129_182743.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 19

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So far seat of the pants feels good with garrett. Started getting pending code .p2282 air leak between throttle and intake valve . With engine idling. Found it on bbk aluminum cap is missing boost must of popped it off. Called bbk they are sending me a new cap. Sent them pictures. I'm going to epoxy that sucker on. Swapped stock TB back on .
I've gotten that code ever since I put the BBk TB on my truck... what is the fix? It happens rarely these days but it does happen.

OP
OP
1BAD454SSv2

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've gotten that code ever since I put the BBk TB on my truck... what is the fix? It happens rarely these days but it does happen.
Check if your missing aluminum plug on drivers side . Of TB . I scan my truck once a week this first time it popped up . No cel but as truck was idling I put my hand around TB noticed plug was missing. Here is picture. BBK sending me a new ones .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211130-194107_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20211130-194107_Google.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 11