GEN 2 Let's see those high-mileage (over 100k) Gen2 Raptors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeerHunter44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked at mine. It has 500 idle hours in 53k miles. 1800 total. That puts it at 30 mph average overall. Not sure what the PO used it for but I though 500 was high until I saw this thread.

I previously had a 2017 Ram CTD that only had 50 idle hours when I traded it for the Raptor. It had 38k miles. That truck had an overall average speed of 50 mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
USMCTexian

USMCTexian

Reaction score
White smoke after extended idle time is coolant seals in the turbos. Keep an eye on your coolant level. I had that problem in my subaru a while back.
Never lost any coolant. No coolant leaks or turbo issues. I just don't have the time to mess with the TSB that fixes the valve cover issue associated with the white smoke issue.

OP
OP
USMCTexian

USMCTexian

Reaction score
2100 idle hours in 750 days....that's nearly 3 hours a day, every single day of idling. What are you doing? Using the outlets for power? You also drove it for 2+ hours every day maybe you need an RV lol...

Overall impressive.
I have an RV. Texas is large. Sometimes, the nearest RV park is still 2 hours drive time from the job site.

OP
OP
USMCTexian

USMCTexian

Reaction score
I am gonna guess he is in the oil field and sits in his air conditioned truck all day, unless he needs to go break up a fist fight?
Damn close. Most of the time, it idles while I'm running around on the job site trying to make things run smoothly for the crews.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never lost any coolant. No coolant leaks or turbo issues. I just don't have the time to mess with the TSB that fixes the valve cover issue associated with the white smoke issue.
I forgot about that issue.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang! If you take off those idle hours, you have a 55mph average when moving (based on 1908 'running' hours)! You're seriously hauling a$$ when you're on the move. Though as you said...TX is big. A few lifetimes ago I spent 5 yrs in Houston, went up North (San Antonio, Austin) and West (El Paso) and a few runs down to Galveston/S Padre as well as lotsa trips over to the Big Easy (N'awlins for the rest of you) to visit the GF. As they used to say..the sun is riz...the sun is set. And here we is in Texas yet! :)

scary gary

Reaction score
Currently at 104k in my 17. About 500 miles ago my first issue came about. Water pump needed replaced. Only other issue I had was my tail gate would open at random but has since been fixed. Other then recalls truck is treating me great. Leather in holding up awesome, just a dent in my window seal from my elbow from sitting in traffic all day. Stupid so cal.