GEN 2 Let's see those high-mileage (over 100k) Gen2 Raptors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMCTexian

Reaction score
I bought this truck on September 17, 2018 and hit 100,000 miles on September 10, 2020. The only issues I had with the truck was that I needed the PCM reflashed due to shifting issues between 3-4 and 7-8-9. The reflash solved it. One other issue is the white smoke out of exhaust after extended idle, but I figure that helps keep the mosquito population down.
I have 3,995 hours on the engine, and 2,087 of those are idle hours. I perform scheduled maintenance regularly, and change my oil every 5,000 miles. The truck is on it's second set of tires, as the tires from the factory wore out in about 47,000 miles.
Let's see some of your high-mileage Gen2 Raptors.
View media item 15395View media item 15393View media item 15391View media item 15392

OP
OP
USMCTexian

USMCTexian

Reaction score
Damn.. how many miles did you have at purchase? Any mods on the truck since then?
I bought it with 17 miles on it. No driveline or suspension modifications. I bought a Raptor so I wouldn't have to modify anything. It spends a lot of time off-road, and I have had it stuck to the frame a few times. It is a work truck, no time for mall-crawling.

V6Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to see a high mileage Gen 2.

How’s the leather holding up? Exhaust tips finish rusted? Any other electrical issues? Cam phasers?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
White smoke after extended idle time is coolant seals in the turbos. Keep an eye on your coolant level. I had that problem in my subaru a while back.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2100 idle hours in 750 days....that's nearly 3 hours a day, every single day of idling. What are you doing? Using the outlets for power? You also drove it for 2+ hours every day maybe you need an RV lol...

Overall impressive.