lets pull together for rick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if we donated directly via PayPal before?

I am not keeping up with donations made with Paypal. I have no way to know who donated or how much. The raffle item drawings are only being done through Rick's GoFundMe page because that is the only thing I have access to to track entries. Each entry toward the raffles is $25 and donations above that receive multiple entries in $25 increments. Once a raffle drawing is held, that resets the clock on raffle drawings for the current entries. Entries in the current raffle drawing do not carry over to the next raffle. If you donated to Rick via Paypal and would like to be entered into a raffle, you must contact Rick to have him verify the donation amount and real name of the person that made the donation before I can provide any entries.
==========================================================================================

CONGRATULATIONS JEREMY MOORE! Your entry was randomly chosen to receive a brand new set of Method Race Wheels, offered by @Pacific Wheel

Thanks goes out to everyone who donated, liked, shared, joined in the conversations, sent Rick and Tina well wishes and prayers! You've all, once again, shown what community is all about! Now on to the next one!

Details for this drawing can be found below:

Https://www.random.org/draws/details/?draw=119712

Donations made below after Zachary Zednik (as listed on GoFundMe) will be counted toward the next item being raffled. Donate below to get in early on the next item!

Https://www.gofundme.com/f/offroad-accident-medical-expenses

The Raffle Drawing for the Method Wheel Giveaway is below

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ROUND FIVE! This time around, your imagination is the limit for what this prize can provide! When Jeff at OffroadAlliance.com offers a $500 gift certificate toward any purchase from one of their stores, the sky is truly the limit when considering what you might order!
This raffle period will depend on overall participation, the more donations that come in, the quicker it will go. SO, spread the word, share this post on your timelines! Invite your friends to join this group and donate to the GoFundMe below! We're already close to reaching the original modest goal for the GoFundMe page, but let's come together and use these raffle drawings as a vehicle to blow past the minor goal and blow that page up for @Rick@FreedomMotorsports and his wife Tina!

Each $25 Donation gains an entry into the raffle. Enter/donate as many times as you like. If you want to donate, but not be included on the raffle, please put that in a note with your donation.

$25 = 1 Entry
$50 = 2 Entries
$75 = 3 Entries
$100 = 4 Entries

Please like, share and donate below for your chance to win!

It's come up as a question a good bit, so I wanted to post about it. All donations made during the current raffle, count toward the current raffle item. All previous donations only counted toward past drawings.

DONATE HERE:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/offroad-accident-medical-expenses

Viait the @OffroadAlliance.com Alliance website here:
https://offroadalliance.com/

Here's a link to the Facebook announcement for this raffle:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Ric...59983586418&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic

D

Deleted member 12951

I am not keeping up with donations made with Paypal. I have no way to know who donated or how much. The raffle item drawings are only being done through Rick's GoFundMe page because that is the only thing I have access to to track entries. Each entry toward the raffles is $25 and donations above that receive multiple entries in $25 increments. Once a raffle drawing is held, that resets the clock on raffle drawings for the current entries. Entries in the current raffle drawing do not carry over to the next raffle. If you donated to Rick via Paypal and would like to be entered into a raffle, you must contact Rick to have him verify the donation amount and real name of the person that made the donation before I can provide any entries.

Thanks everyone that donated via PayPal. My wife and I do appreciate all love and support, it is truly a humbling experience. I provided Chris a list of everyone who gave via PayPal so he can add those to the current raffle item.

I did get home last night and finally was able to sleep in my own bed instead of a hospital. My wife is having chest and back pains so we are going to get over to our local hospital to get her checked out today.

From the bottom of both our hearts to everyone on FRF, Thank you!!

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

Update: Well we have been home for 2 weeks now and starting to get into the swing of regular life. The day after getting back, Tina called Urgent Care and they had us go to Ambulatory Care because she was going to need x-rays on her chest. Nothing broken or fractured, thank goodness. She did have a case of costochondritis (inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage) so they gave her pain/muscle relaxer pills. Definitely helped her sleep and its getting better. All her bruises are gone, good thing because they looked bad.

I went to my primary care doctor last week and they took x-rays too. They said there was still some air under my skin on the chest but it will dissipate over time. Overall things looked good. Gave me some antibiotics to help with the redness where the chest tube entered.

Two days ago we met with a lung trauma doctor. He pretty much said things looks close to normal considering what happened and he was happy with the progression of the healing. I am still pretty sore in both shoulders, neck and right chest. Definitely cannot lift anything heavy. Hoping to get back to normal and somewhat surprised that I am actually still as sore as I am. I want to do more but don't want to push it.

Medical bills, oh boy what a mess so far. We are trying to organize everything as it comes in and its getting overwhelming. Luckily we got a case manager with Tina's employer and she is helping out. She told us that the hospital and the air ambulance never got authorization from our insurance company. We have Anthem Blue Cross but its a special policy under the hospital that Tina works at. Apparently they called the normal Anthem and didn't even call the authorization number on the back of the insurance cards we gave them. The case manager is trying to get things authorized after the fact but who knows. Auto Insurance paid their $5k and they are done. We haven't seen the bill from the ground and air ambulances and we are still bracing for what those are going to be. We are discussing selling her family's property that has been handed down from her grandparents when her father passed away to provide some additional funds but we will wait and see. I had to fight with the insurance company on my truck on what they first offered me but I finally got $39,750 for it. They first offered me $31,500. Well all of that is going to medical unfortunately.

I appreciate everyone's kindness and especially those who are still helping us. We have never been on the receiving side of help and the raptor community has really humbled us. Tina has told me that she definitely wants us to stay off-roading because of the joy it gives us and all the friends we have made over the years. We cannot wait to see others again, most likely though it will be TRR 2021. See you then!

R

Rick@FreedomMotorsports

@Chris@FreedomMotorsports posted this on Facebook. If anyone is thinking of putting decals or even a full wrap, this drawing could be for you.

NEXT UP! NOW we have a $500 gift certificate toward the purchase of any vinyl product from Luke at Sticker Dude graphics!

Each raffle entry is $25!

$25 = 1 Entry

$50 = 2 Entries

$75 = 3 Entries and so on.

I will hold the drawing on Random.org once the donations slow. May be a day, maybe two, we'll see.
Check out their website here to browse examples of their work!
http://stickerdude.com
DONATE below to enter and show your support!
https://www.gofundme.com/f/offroad-accident-medical-expenses

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
definitely dont sell property. medical bills fall at the bottom of the totem pole per say, when it comes to debt. while hospitals are the most expensive hotel you will ever stay at, its not like you wanted to be there. as long as they keep receiving money regardless of how little, there will be plenty of time to pay the bills and they wont send to collectors. keep what you can and work with the insurance company and find a payment plan. the property tina has will continue to appreciate in value and will want to hold onto it. not many people have a rainy day fund to cover these kinds of expenses, so its not anything new to the hospitals. i know they will work with you and you will be able to keep a family heirloom to retire on eventually

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Another thing you can and should do for anything not covered by insurance is negotiate. Take a look at your bills, I’m sure there’s at least one commonly available over the counter pain reliever. see what they charged. The most I’ve seen so far is $24.00 for 2 extra strength tylenol, which, as anyone knows is basically the cost of 4 bottles of tylenol. But wait - a professional nurse administered the medicine! That’s nice, but insurance companies routinely negotiate costs down to more rational levels from the bill. One of my shoulder repairs clocked in at something like $12k, doc got a “negotiated” payment of under $3k, or about a set of tires on his AMG Merc.