lets pull together for rick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
update...

ricks is doing good. the doctors are still trying to see if his lung will heal by by itself and not have to do surgery. he has a tube in his side still and will be in the hospital for a minimum of 4 more days if it shows signs of improvement. we hope this is the case as surgery will put him out a lot longer. tina is doing well i saw her tonight as i dropped off a couple things i found in his truck. wasnt able to see rick, but have been in constant contact with him and tina and we are hoping for the best. tina had so much appreciation for the frf group and how we have come together for them, that she was just about in tears. once again, im so proud of the frf community for being able to support rick, tina, and family during these times

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NEXT UP! Our friends at Deaver Spring MFG Co has graciously offered one of their spring kits for the next raffle drawing!!!!

This raffle period will depend on overall participation, the more donations that come in, the quicker it will go. SO, spread the word, share this post on your timelines! Invite your friends to join this group and donate to the GoFundMe below! We're already close to reaching the original modest goal for the GoFundMe page, but let's come together and use these raffle drawings as a vehicle to blow past the minor goal and blow that page up for Rick and Tina!

Each $25 Donation gains an entry into the raffle. Enter/donate as many times as you like. If you want to donate, but not be included on the raffle, please put that in a note with your donation. I will plan to run this raffle either through Monday morning, OR tomorrow, if it takes off similar to the first raffle.

Please like, share and donate below for your chance to win!

DONATE HERE:

Https://www.gofundme.com/f/offroad-accident-medical-expenses

VISIT THE DEAVER SPRING WEBSITE BELOW

https://deaverspring.com/

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
update....

i talked to rick and he might be able to leave the hospital tomorrow afternoon. his lung is staying put and not collapsing so far. nothing like spending 12 days in 3 different hospitals to end a vacation. both him and his wife tina are in good spirits tonight. lets hope this ordeal comes to an end soon. i want to thank everyone who has donated to this cause to help the faria family get back on their feet.

D

Deleted member 12951

I am truly humble that the raptor community and vendors have helped. I never thought in my lifetime that I would be the one receiving help but more so the one giving. It’s a very humbling experience for myself and my wife to see the outpouring of love that we have been shown.

I want to get home and hopefully after the xrays this morning, I might finally be on my way.

Thanks so much FRF,
Rick

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We HAVE A WINNER for the Deaver Spring giveaway raffle!

We also have an update from Rick, as quoted in a post in the fundraising page on Facebook:

Well that was 10 days in the hospital with a chest tube. The doctor surgeons had multiple meetings on my situation for the best course of action. Most were stumped because after being on suction for a couple days, I no longer had air bubbles in my system but when they took me off suction, air bubbles returned. They said they rarely see that and felt after multiple attempts of doing the same thing over again without a different outcome that they needed to try alternatives with options. The main surgeon was great and explained everything to us and exactly why he choose the path. I knew the next step depending on the outcome, what was involved and recovery times depending on how the scenarios played out. They were trying to avoid surgery unless absolutely necessary.

Well after 2 hospitals and being medical evac air lifted to a 3rd and final trauma hospital, I was released last night around 9pm. We stayed in a nearby hotel to the hospital incase I had any complications.

We found a rental car about 30 minutes away and thankfully my mom who wanted to help knew someone in the Denver area and drove up to get us and take us to to get the car. I could not find an SUV rental with reasonable rates so we could grab the remaining parts that Noah and Ben took off my truck in the salvage yard. Travis in Littleton was holding the parts for me but there was no way to fit them in this Toyota Camry rental. My mom’s friend Lenny who gave us a ride tells us that he is planning on going to Missouri next week and he will grab the parts and bring them to me, Wow!

I plan on selling all my GEN1 take off parts to help with medical expenses too as I have no idea what these bills will entail. The hospital put most of the stay as an in-patient and our insurance only covers emergency service for out-of-network hospitals. So we don’t know what is covered and what is not. It’s definitely going to be a mess.

We are currently on our way home crossing boring Colorado / Kansas on Interstate 70 to Kansas City then will head south to Springfield. We will probably take our time and stop halfway to rest for the night near Salina, KS and be home tomorrow.

Once home, we are getting with a local trauma surgeon for a follow-up to make sure everything is well.

What an adventure that I never want to experience again.

Thanks everyone for listening. My wife is still so impressed with the raptor community that she wants me to get back on the dirt and she even said she will ride with me again. This is absolutely the best group of folks and community that I have ever belonged to and have made so many friends. I am still so truly humbled to be amongst all of you.

From the bottom of both our hearts, THANK YOU!

AND we have announced the NEXT raffle item below. It is for a set of four Method Race Wheels, offered by @Pacific Wheel! Check out the raffle announcement thread at the first link below and provide donation entries at the GoFundMe link below that.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3782142198467400&set=gm.336323404168396&type=3&theater&ifg=1

DONATIONS ARE MADE HERE TO BE ENTERED INTO THE RAFFLE
https://www.gofundme.com/f/offroad-accident-medical-expenses