lets pull together for rick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im sad to announce that rick aka @RDFTS aka @Rick@FreedomMotorsports has been in the hospital since friday august 7th. he was in an unfortunate atuo accident. this is not the time or place to discuss the details of the accident, we will let rick provide those details once he recovers. however, ricks wife tina has been through quite a lot. rick was recently transported by plane to a denver area hospital and awaiting surgery. tina could not ride along so she has to drive over 6 hours to get to the new hospital. rick is fine, he is stable and i have been talking to him throughout this whole ordeal. i am asking the og forum members to show these new members what frf is about. this is taking a financial toll on rick and tina, being in the hospital for several days, maybe weeks, hotels, rental car, and the ongoing hospital bills. i am asking the frf community to show support for rick, just as he has supported so many of you. rick is a landmark on frf and has helped so many of you. lets repay the favor. im asking for donations via paypal or venmo that will go directly to him and hia wife tina. being 12+ hours from home with no family for support you can all understan how she feels. please whatever you have, send donations to [email protected] via paypal. this is his direct paypal address. if you dont have paypal you can use venmo to angelmomma101 which is my girlfriends venmo and all donations will go direct to rick.

i ask that you refrain from texting or calling rick for the next couple days he is getring ready for surgery and should keep his phone line clear for family and friends
please make a dontion, no matter how little of an amount it will be greatly appreciated. thanks frf

noah

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
rick is at a denver hospital right now. they have been running tests all morning to figure the best course of action. he will need surgery to repair a collapsed lung since it did not heal on his own. he had a tube in his side for a few days and when they went to remove it, started to collapse again. he had air around his heart which anytime you get air into your blood stream, makes for a very bad time. so the hospital he was at decided it was best to get him to a bigger hospital with the facilities capable of treating him, so they decided denver was the best option. i dont have a timeline of when rick will have surgery yet, but as i find out, i will report here

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Noah for letting us know. Rick has helped me so much through the years with my mods and I try to tell all the new guys about him. Look for my donation this evening. It definitely won’t be enough for what he has given us.
the amount doesnt really matter near as much as the support we get from the members here. rick is like me, first and foremost a member of this group, a vendor second. and all the help he has provided has shown he is not just a vendor looking to score a sale. he is an active part of this community and whatever we can do to help shows our appreciation for him. i have spent the last 2 days swapping his truck back to oem so he can at least recoupe some of the expenses he will be incurring. i can tell you a helicopter ride is outrageous, but i imagine a plane is even more. they opted for the plane because they said it was faster. in an hour he went from a hospital room in wyoming to a hospital room in denver. pretty quick if you ask me. whatever you donate to him is greatly appreciated. we dont expect the world from anyone. just a little help is all, if its possible for everyone. i know this virus has affected many people and we dont expect everyone to make a donation, only the ones that are able and willing to.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sent! I'm in Denver. If they need anything while in town, please PM me.
thank you. seems the denver area frf community is showing its true colors now. so many offers for help its almost overwhelming. i couldnt be more proud of this group