Let's be real about it ... Should I just trade for a 250?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
20-25% off 13k is 10.4 - 9.7k, or about 10k. 20-25% off 2300 is 1840 - 1625, or about 1750. The Raptor isn't anywhere near that.
Sorry- they’re not near the absolute TOP payloads for 1/2 tons, swap the springs out.

The Toyota Tundra has like 1700 lbs payload, that make ya happy? Like 30% the tundra/titan max our around 10k there’s ya 20%

what’s 20% + 30% divided by 2 ya internet ******?

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a cute one with the short bed. I'm surprised how many recommendations there are here for F150's. Besides the Raptor, I would never consider an F150, as they just aren't capable of real towing or hauling.

F350 4x4 CC LB diesel is a great truck all around. I'm considering an F450 for the next purchase, though the width of a dually is limiting.

20180803_134738%20800x600_zpsxcywexb2.jpg

that wheelbase looks just way beyond what a weekend warrior would need. The raptor will probably do it. I’m about to try out myself and rented a 5500+ lbs camper... from what I hear is it holds up just as well for those “weekend” GVWRs...

in any case, the question is not to keep the raptor but what else in addition to put in the garage!

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't want a ball hitch for offroading and the others are much less common. One of the others is the old pintle hitch and I don't remember what the other one is called. Between a weird hitch, a lock to deal with, and the potential for you to return while they're messing with your stuff, you've made it much less attractive. I'd worry more about trailer theft when it's parked behind my house ...

Not really true about the ball hitch Gordo. I pull our lil popup in some serious trails. Ball hitch and all. 79A75915-986B-4E73-B788-CE422B6CAC98.jpeg

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's good to know that they're that capable. I was looking at trailers that would literally follow anywhere the tow vehicle could go. Difficult trails in Moab, for example. Looking at your setup, I think you'll break that trailer or the hitch long before you break the jeep. I'd worry about binding when crossing a steep gully, losing the ball when going over a big rock, and twisting off the ball when the vehicle and trailer are tipped in opposite directions. And with the smallish tires, I'd worry about clearance, as the trailer tongue is now the limiting factor.