Let There Be Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This picture is cropped, to give you a better view, but it’s from about 15 to 20 feet away.BEA433C1-E2FE-4413-B2D2-82A576A56512.jpeg

it’s not easy to aim and center them equidistant. As you tighten the bolt they tend to move. It’s a 2 person job. I didn’t try to get it perfect by measuring each side. It’s pretty close. It would be way better if the bolt was a carriage bolt so you didn’t have to hold both sides of it.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This picture is cropped, to give you a better view, but it’s from about 15 to 20 feet away.View attachment 150868

it’s not easy to aim and center them equidistant. As you tighten the bolt they tend to move. It’s a 2 person job. I didn’t try to get it perfect by measuring each side. It’s pretty close. It would be way better if the bolt was a carriage bolt so you didn’t have to hold both sides of it.

Looks pretty mean and you have them aligned well. It’s a tough fit for 3 sets of 4” pods regardless.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are a real funny guy assuming I know what a relay is or how to use one. Damn it.

Check part of one of my threads about a relay. A relay is a switch operated by a relatively small electric current that can turn on or off a much larger electric current. It's like an electrically operated lever. It insulates the switch from high power draws. Most of the relays can handle 30 amps, so with a relay you are now WELL within safe operating range.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/squadron-2-install-blowing-fuses.76558/

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you use the center channel you can have them all unblocked :) But we know, you want them as far forward as possible. That's the trade-off, and not a bad one. You mounted them all the way forward and still have VERY MINIMAL blockage.

Aiming is not that bad... if you have blank wall 20-25' in front of you and you are on level ground.

We used to pull trucks all the way into our warehouse and on our back wall (where the 2 windows were, which you may have seen) we used to hang an alignment banner we had made. BUT ever since we've been growing like crazy more and more racks went up and that blocked vehicle access to the rear. So now we use our garage door inside to do the alignment (then drive to the rail road station and use that wall for final adjustments if needed).

So far, so good. We've not had to use the RR wall (we use it for headlights though since those NEED to be accurate).

Old photo of the banner/rear of warehouse when we had first moved in

28055731_10211589004216108_1821885946926377665_n.jpg

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I took truck out last night and tried the 3 different pairs. Aiming of the spots was far off. Had no light in middle of road at all. Where they appear to be aimed is far from where they are. Drove home and on level ground at bottom apron of driveway twisted them into proper position. To look at them they appear blocked but they’re not. Nice long spots now.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you park on a crosswalk, you despicable human, how dare you :biggun::bleh:, lights look good though.
Hell no. That’s crosshatching of a driveway that leads into my dog groomer. I’ll block a driveway any time but a crosswalk. :lol:

My dad was a NYC cabbie from 1957 to 1980. He drove Checker Cabs. The tail lights were round and stuck out from the rear. He was in Kennedy Airport (then known as Idlewild) and light turned red. He stopped in middle of crosswalk. Next thing he knows he hears a cracking sound. Looks in his mirror and sees a guy carrying what looked like an apple so he thought no more of it.

Sometime later he saw his taillight lens was snapped off, cracked right through. The guy was apparently pissed he was blocking the crosswalk and must have had very strong hands.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hell no. That’s crosshatching of a driveway that leads into my dog groomer. I’ll block a driveway any time but a crosswalk. :lol:

My dad was a NYC cabbie from 1957 to 1980. He drove Checker Cabs. The tail lights were round and stuck out from the rear. He was in Kennedy Airport (then known as Idlewild) and light turned red. He stopped in middle of crosswalk. Next thing he knows he hears a cracking sound. Looks in his mirror and sees a guy carrying what looked like an apple so he thought no more of it.

Sometime later he saw his taillight lens was snapped off, cracked right through. The guy was apparently pissed he was blocking the crosswalk and must have had very strong hands.
Or he kicked it off, lol. Either way, that sounds justified, 'eh. He must of had a lot of patience driving in that city, or just didn't care and drove like a bat out of hell, ha ha.