Let the problems begin (22' GEN3)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also lost my rain sensing wipers....dealer is following Fords diagnostic steps and now they are waiting for a new wiper motor assembly to arrive. It's been over two months now and no part. I have seen on FRF that Ford is having problems with the wiper motor assembly and also problems sourcing replacements. My thoughts are how could it be the wiper motor when the wipers work fine in all other modes? The have already replaced a computer of some sort that required the steering column removal but I think they need to look elsewhere. Anyone have follow up information on rain sense failure?
I thought the sensor was in the mirror.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
yep, it is and supposedly tested and working...move on to the next step. Replace computer behind steering column. No change....replace wiper motor assembly ..stuck, waiting for part.
Seems like I read here that some trucks come configured with the rain sensing disabled. Dealer had to reset something in the as built configuration or it was done with forscan. Good luck.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
They make enough torque to break loose the tires at highway speeds?! I would really love to see that. Maybe on a muddy road but on asphalt, find that hard to believe.

Yeah, the rear will definitely get squirmy on the Gen 2 when passing. I haven't experienced it yet on the Gen 3, though I haven't really flogged it yet. It's an interesting experience for me as a lifelong p/u truck driver, with a few low performance cars mixed in.