Let the fun begin!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats and what is the deal with the polyfill in the sub? Havent heard of that mod yet. I just ordered my method NVs today. My truck is being built tomorrow. The suspense is killing me. So close yet so far.
something for cheapskates..... hahahahha

yo desmo, ready for the nav-tv install? heading your way very soon.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. Front end looks really low in that first pic

Yes that front end does look low,must be camera angle or something. I think that color is a good choice.For some reason the digital sensors can not reproduce it correctly, it looks so much different in person.If you photo it in indirect light maybe the tan will be more visible . What did you do with your new tires?

OP
OP
D

Desmo_Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that front end does look low,must be camera angle or something. I think that color is a good choice.For some reason the digital sensors can not reproduce it correctly, it looks so much different in person.If you photo it in indirect light maybe the tan will be more visible . What did you do with your new tires?

I think it is probably more of the angle I was standing that makes the front look so low. Regardless, I'm doing mid-perch this weekend. :)

The BFG AT's are in my garage and are for sale.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I couldn't be happier with the truck.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

yo desmo, ready for the nav-tv install? heading your way very soon.

I was planning to do it myself... Are you coming to AZ? Any chance your shop is related to the Car Stereo Co that was on Scottsdale Rd in AZ?

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In simple terms, it works like this: The fiberfill fools the woofer into thinking that it's in a larger box (one with more air, or internal volume, in it). than it really is. And, in general, the larger the box, the lower the bass you can get out of it.

Thread Hack....
Can someone elaborate on the procedure. Did a search but nothing came up

OP - Congrats

OP
OP
D

Desmo_Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thread Hack....
Can someone elaborate on the procedure. Did a search but nothing came up

OP - Congrats

Hi Canuck,

You can pick up a bag at your local fabric/craft store(Michael's, Joanne's, Hobby Lobby). An 8oz bag is plenty($4.00).

To remove the sub, there are four bolts. One in middle of box that screws directly into the magnet on the sub and three that hold the box to the floor. Unplug wire connector on bottom. Use phillips to remove the sub. Loosely stuff poly fill into the box. Replace sub(pay attention to alignment arrow). Replace wire plug. Replace three box bolts and then finally replace the bolt going through the box to the sub magnet.

Simple and takes about 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

jdombrowski1077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Canuck,

You can pick up a bag at your local fabric/craft store(Michael's, Joanne's, Hobby Lobby). An 8oz bag is plenty($4.00).

To remove the sub, there are four bolts. One in middle of box that screws directly into the magnet on the sub and three that hold the box to the floor. Unplug wire connector on bottom. Use phillips to remove the sub. Loosely stuff poly fill into the box. Replace sub(pay attention to alignment arrow). Replace wire plug. Replace three box bolts and then finally replace the bolt going through the box to the sub magnet.

Simple and takes about 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

How much did it improve the quality of the sub?