Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 (LEMON) The things I would do to have a working Raptor

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Bmwdude, Jun 5, 2018.

1. brc misfit

brc misfit FRF Addict

Thought lemon law was based on where your car is registered, not purchased. Give walnut creek ford a call and tell them your story.

2. Bmwdude

Bmwdude Member

Yeah man! Exactly what happens to mine. It's really not the biggest issue in the world, but it'll do it on the trail in Baja mode too, and that's not ideal when you're trying to maintain a gap to the trucks around you for dust on an EXO run.

I've always wanted to put a tune on this trans because it's felt less than par since I got it. Seems like Ford just doesn't know how to write trans software... GM seem to have great software with the same 10-speed in the ZL1. But yeah, absolutely no tune for me after having all of these issues.

Truck is still at the dealer...

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

From what I've been told by my lawyer, it's based on where the vehicle is taken delivery of. aka since I didn't ship it to Cali I flew to Illinois to pick it up, it falls under Illinois lemon law and fed law.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Nope. I've come to a stop and put it in reverse then back into drive or manual and it only knows 7th.

3. smurfslayer

smurfslayer Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77

My inclination is to think that sounds mechanical then; I realize fully that an internet certified engineer diagnosis is of little value to you at this point; or ever, for that matter, but normally in manual mode if you are stopping the trans will automatically downshift and I believe it will do it if you’re going too slow for the selected gear as well ( that is, as opposed to coming to a stop ). It doesn’t downshift for perfect drive or anything like that, it’s just programmed to make sure you don’t try to take off in 5th gear from a dead stop, etc.

Good luck.