Lee Power Steering help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Boss 2731

Boss 2731

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new rack a few months back but just got around to changing it a couple of weeks ago. It made no difference whatsoever. So that was a big waste of time and money. I’m kind of in the same boat as you. I've bled and bled and re-bled a million times. I’ve also had my pump replaced and I’ve redone every fitting. It still is getting air from somewhere. Just the other day I ordered new Aeroquip fittings and hose. I’m going to go through and replace all of the hose and fittings on the system at the same time. If that doesn’t fix it, man I don’t know. I hate to talk bad about a vendor unless they’ve really done me wrong but I’m really sick of dealing with this thing. Especially for what it cost. I wish I knew a way to check for an air leak location with no fluid leaking. I’ve tried googling it but can’t really find an answer.
Have you replaced the rack or have any updates on your issue? I literally have the exact same problem you do from the noisy pump to the stiffness at idle or slow speeds. Been dealing with it for over a year now. I have checked everything so many times and bled the systems many many times as well and its still noisy and intermittently stiff. I also think its gonna be my rack but dont want to just replace it without knowing for sure. Lees also sent me a replacement pump and i even had the current one rebuilt once as well.

Last edited:

BlueSVT13

Reaction score
I bought a new rack a few months back but just got around to changing it a couple of weeks ago. It made no difference whatsoever. So that was a big waste of time and money. I’m kind of in the same boat as you. If bled and bled and rebels a million times. I’ve also had my pump replaced and I’ve redone every fitting. It still is getting air from somewhere. Just the other day I ordered new Aeroquip fittings and hose. I’m going to go through and replace all of the hose and fittings on the system at the same time. If that doesn’t fix it, man I don’t know. I hate to talk bad about a vendor unless they’ve really done me wrong but I’m really sick of dealing with this thing. Especially for what it cost. I wish I knew a way to check for an air leak location with no fluid leaking. I’ve tried googling it but can’t really find an answer.
Damn… that’s disappointing to hear. Im fed up with this **** too and dont wanna keep bothering the guys at Lee’s so ive been researching and trying to find a solution myself as well. Hopefully the new hoses and fittings make a difference in your truck cuz i know how frustrating this issue can be. Im honestly tempted just to go back to a stock system, pump, hoses and everything and run a cooler for the fluid. A lot of people say that just adding a cooler has saved the stock pump from failing. Hopefully your solution works!! Let me know how it turns out

OP
OP
Boss 2731

Boss 2731

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn… that’s disappointing to hear. Im fed up with this **** too and dont wanna keep bothering the guys at Lee’s so ive been researching and trying to find a solution myself as well. Hopefully the new hoses and fittings make a difference in your truck cuz i know how frustrating this issue can be. Im honestly tempted just to go back to a stock system, pump, hoses and everything and run a cooler for the fluid. A lot of people say that just adding a cooler has saved the stock pump from failing. Hopefully your solution works!! Let me know how it turns out
The fittings are on back order so it’ll probably be a couple of weeks before I get everything. I’ll post the results when I get it all done.

Brad12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Lee PS system and it's not loud at all. I've put some hard dirt miles on it and it's been flawless.

It might be worth checking your tensioner. Check out this video:

OP
OP
Boss 2731

Boss 2731

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fittings are on back order so it’ll probably be a couple of weeks before I get everything. I’ll post the results when I get it all done.
Sorry it took me so long, we had a bit of a family emergency which kept me from working on my truck. I replaced all of the hoses and fittings, bled the system and I am still having the exact same problem. I was able to get all of the air out of it and then a couple of days later It groaning and I’m able to pull air out of it again with the vacuum pump. I went ahead and emailed Lee again just to see what they think. Im really super frustrated at this point. It’s embarrassing to drive my truck with all of the noise every time I turn the wheel.

OP
OP
Boss 2731

Boss 2731

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Lee PS system and it's not loud at all. I've put some hard dirt miles on it and it's been flawless.

It might be worth checking your tensioner. Check out this video:
Thanks for the input. The video was helpful. The guy had me laughing. He sounds like me working on my truck. I replaced the tensioner since I’ve already tried everything else and I figured I had nothing to lose. No luck. It still makes the same noise.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any updates?

Also have you checked the cap? I believe it is for a pressurized system so perhaps the cap could be leaking.