LED Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer a leather, or alcantara, wheel over a CF wheel. CF does look very cool, but I had one in a former Porsche Macan and it wasn't my favorite.

But those different menu items on top of the wheel are really cool. I think at night the shift lights would possibly get annoying but I could suffer with that. What I'd never be able to do, having watched the video, is do the wiring. If they had to go out to a pro to get it done, I've have zero shot at it.

I'm guessing that you could cycle the shift lights on or off, not really sure but it would have made sense to have that functionality in the software.

I really like carbon fiber myself but I'm with you on the steering wheel, all leather.

Not sure what Alcantara is.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The good thing about Alcantara over Suede is that it doesn't fade like Suede. Besides not fading, it also doesn't breakdown like leather, for this reason we have all of our race seats and steering wheels in alcantara.

I have my steering wheel in both Carbon Fiber at the top, and alcantara at the 9 and 3 where your hands are placed. Very comfortable in the Texas heat.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have seen some pretty funky Alcantara after only a short time. Funky in the modern vernacular, not ’70’s funky. I’m in the ‘not a fan’ camp. Give me leather.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The good thing about Alcantara over Suede is that it doesn't fade like Suede. Besides not fading, it also doesn't breakdown like leather, for this reason we have all of our race seats and steering wheels in alcantara.

I have my steering wheel in both Carbon Fiber at the top, and alcantara at the 9 and 3 where your hands are placed. Very comfortable in the Texas heat.

Odd, by appearance, it doesn't look very durable to me, but perhaps I don't what you mean by 'breakdown like leather'. According to the article smurfslayer posted, "it's still one of the more delicate fabrics you’ll find in a car’s interior, and it requires special care when cleaning and maintaining". It just doesn't seem like something I'd want to use in a location where you'd expect a lot of wear and possibly getting dirty...like a steering wheel. Although if it doesn't abosrb heat like plastic and leather, than perhaps it would be nice in Texas. The wheel can get very hot in the summer.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That steering wheel is pretty dope to be fair... max I would go is 800.

If they had an option without the LED lights, I would do 550.