LED light in front flare question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that my drivers side LED marker light in the flare is really dim and just flickering and I'm selling my truck to buddy and would like to replace the light for him before the weekend when he picks it up. Just called the dealer and they're saying that I need to buy the whole flare assembly which sounds ridiculous to me. Has anyone had any luck replacing just the light itself? Thanks guys, Mike

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the connection? It may be loose or have some moisture in there. Take it out, spray some WD40 in there (yes, it's meant to displace water) and then put a little dielectric grease in it and plug it back in and check it. LEDs are typically a go/no go deal so flickering points more to a bad connection usually.

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the connection? It may be loose or have some moisture in there. Take it out, spray some WD40 in there (yes, it's meant to displace water) and then put a little dielectric grease in it and plug it back in and check it. LEDs are typically a go/no go deal so flickering points more to a bad connection usually.

Thanks and that's a great point. I'll try that right now. I listed and sold my truck in under 24hrs. I'll absolutely be sad seeing it go because I feel that after owning 2 Raptors that they're head and shoulders the best looking trucks on the road today and it's not because I've owned 2 it's because I've got eyes :)

KH4

Reaction score
I can confirm however they do send a new light with a new flare. But i have seen just the light available as well.

Fastback89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, I bought 2 so I have a spare. It looks like moisture gets in and ruins the LED. They were fairly expensive, for such a small light. I think I paid $55 each

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had one replaced under warranty w/o needing a whole new fender. Quick and easy job I was out in under an hour. That sounds a bit excessive and would make me question what other be the SA is pushing.

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score