LED Light Bars and Old School Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Travaler

Reaction score
I opted to go the old school route with KC lighting and fort light bar, installed two 8" long range, two 8" driving, and two 6" HID fog

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 40

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Traveler,
Any reason you chose to put the hids in the short range lights and keep the long range lights halogen? You would get a lot better use out of the hids in the driving lights...

CQ,
I think Ryan @ ADD's truck has the LED on the roof...

Pepper,
I do wonder why LF doesn't make a true diffusion filter for the 240s. I'm thinking about making my own. I also might try to cut out some parchment paper (or something like it) and put it between the filter and the light to see if you cant diffuse it any better. How did the filters do? I didn't bother with them b/c they didn't seem wide enough, did they help?

OP
OP
peppercorn

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pepper,
I do wonder why LF doesn't make a true diffusion filter for the 240s. I'm thinking about making my own. I also might try to cut out some parchment paper (or something like it) and put it between the filter and the light to see if you cant diffuse it any better. How did the filters do? I didn't bother with them b/c they didn't seem wide enough, did they help?

It would be worth trying to make your own as the diffusers really don't make much difference. I still have three bright spots and am straining to see the edges, especially when doing alot of turning.