LED Light Bars and Old School Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19-Kilo

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good product spec battle going on... lots of good info here...
But are there any design and functionality differences in the two brands? Vision X has mentioned something about being digitally controllable for multiple uses... does Rigid offer this?

Here is another site offering a side by side comparison http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/70373-led-vs.-hid-lights

649855195_CA5vM-M.jpg

649855373_uXHBs-M.jpg

since the reflectors can be reconfigured to whatever you might need, here is a shot with more flood reflectors installed... below
649855512_dherM-M.jpg

since the reflectors can be reconfigured to whatever you might need, here is a shot with more flood reflectors installed...above

649855664_SxDBs-M.jpg

649855792_edm3k-M.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
peppercorn

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great find on the comparos 'Kilo!

The thing I notice on my F250 with three LightForce lights, is that my eyes tend to focus and adjust to the bright spots they throw and therefore I lose alot of peripheral vision. It's almost like tunnel vision really.
I'm looking forward to the 'fill' the Rigid 40'' will provide once installed on the Raptor.

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DANM! Great read! I picked up the Rigid 40” a few weeks ago. Just waiting for my bumper to be done so i can mount it up. I hate coming home and having those 80 LEDs sitting on the floor just staring at me!!!!

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wish that mine wasn't blocked by the damn grill! I sure as hell don't get that output!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I wish that mine wasn't blocked by the damn grill! I sure as hell don't get that output!

There is only one way to fix that! Bust out the dremel and push the light bar flush with the grill!! Had I not needed a bumper thats what I would have done. :peace:

Great find on the comparison! To be fair I wonder what VisionX bar that is and in what configuration...? That rigid bar does throw out some light!!

Pepper,
For the best of both worlds mount the HIDs on the bumper and get a roof mount LED flooded out for the wide stuff... I suppose the HIDs would be better on the roof but I like the idea of only having the LED up top for wind resistance. Plus, I'm not racing where every inch counts. Another idea I have is to mount two Dually sized LEDs in the top corners of the grille like Sue Mead's Dakar Raptor for the wide stuff leaving the HIDs to get the distance. What Lightforces did you have on your 250?

SueMeadRaptor.jpg

Last edited:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
There is only one way to fix that! Bust out the dremel and push the light bar flush with the grill!! Had I not needed a bumper thats what I would have done. :peace:

Great find on the comparison! I wonder what VisionX bar that is?

Pepper,
For the best of both worlds mount the HIDs on the bumper and get a roof mount LED flooded out for the wide stuff... I suppose the HIDs would be better on the roof but I like the idea of only having the LED up top for wind resistance. Plus, I'm not racing where every inch counts. Another idea I have is to mount two Dually sized LEDs in the top corners of the grille like Sue Mead's Dakar Raptor for the wide stuff leaving the HIDs to get the distance. What Lightforces did you have on your 250
?

I've thought about doing this with mine. I'd like to see somebody else do it first so I can decide if I like it. The recessed mount behind the grill really does block a lot of light.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not taking a dremel to the grill when it costs over $700 bucks! (I think)

I'll get a bumper before that! ;)

OP
OP
peppercorn

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Great find on the comparison! To be fair I wonder what VisionX bar that is and in what configuration...? That rigid bar does throw out some light!!

Pepper,
For the best of both worlds mount the HIDs on the bumper and get a roof mount LED flooded out for the wide stuff... I suppose the HIDs would be better on the roof but I like the idea of only having the LED up top for wind resistance. Plus, I'm not racing where every inch counts. Another idea I have is to mount two Dually sized LEDs in the top corners of the grille like Sue Mead's Dakar Raptor for the wide stuff leaving the HIDs to get the distance. What Lightforces did you have on your 250?

SueMeadRaptor.jpg

I have an ADD bar on its way so the front configuration is set for now, although I do like your idea for the 50'' up high and the rounds on the front I wanted a smaller overall profile on this truck. I also have two Dually D2s with pencil beam coming with the bumper which will be corner mounted,my idea being to get a bit more 'throw' into the distance toward the outside edges of where the 40'' appears to fall off. My maine concern in the LEDs was whether or not they would have the distance I would need. In the end it was the 'fill' the LEDs provide and the 'spots' the LightForce beams produce that pushed me to the LEDs.
I am running two 240s with diffusers and an HID in the center, as seen below,on the 250.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5054/5418490783_89f85ea269_b.jpg