LED License Plate Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hazeleyes

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, we’ve had a few questions about the different brightness levels of the various options we offer, so I went ahead and grabbed some pictures.

Those pics are perfect!

I ordered the SMD2 and HP3 in cool white today! They're my very first upgrades for my 2018 that I ordered last week! (I'll have the bulbs several weeks before the truck ... looking at 6-10 more weeks till I have her in the driveway!)

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Those pics are perfect!

I ordered the SMD2 and HP3 in cool white today! They're my very first upgrades for my 2018 that I ordered last week! (I'll have the bulbs several weeks before the truck ... looking at 6-10 more weeks till I have her in the driveway!)

Thank you for the order and I'm glad the pictures helped make your decision a bit easier!

Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with while you're waiting for your new rig to come in!

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my smd2 bulbs today, took less than 5 minutes thanks to the tip about checking the bulbs before putting them back into the bumper. I had a fifty fifty chance when I plugged them in and guess what...my luck always runs true... I had to take both bulbs out and change plug direction because neither one worked on the first try. Reversed the bulbs and twisted them back into the bumper and I am now done with those non-led license plate bulbs!

Thanks Nick!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Got my smd2 bulbs today, took less than 5 minutes thanks to the tip about checking the bulbs before putting them back into the bumper. I had a fifty fifty chance when I plugged them in and guess what...my luck always runs true... I had to take both bulbs out and change plug direction because neither one worked on the first try. Reversed the bulbs and twisted them back into the bumper and I am now done with those non-led license plate bulbs!

Thanks Nick!

You're welcome! Glad we could help get you setup!

The DRis

Reaction score
I'm having issues getting my truck shipped from the dealer to me, so being bored, I decided to buy some accessories. This definitely looked like a must. So a pair of SMD2's was ordered on Sunday, and they showed up today (Thursday). Pretty damn fast Nick. Now, if my truck ships this weekend I can install next week!

You should see if you can edit an earlier post and include those pictures closer to the start of the thread, extremely helpful.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm having issues getting my truck shipped from the dealer to me, so being bored, I decided to buy some accessories. This definitely looked like a must. So a pair of SMD2's was ordered on Sunday, and they showed up today (Thursday). Pretty damn fast Nick. Now, if my truck ships this weekend I can install next week!

You should see if you can edit an earlier post and include those pictures closer to the start of the thread, extremely helpful.

Thank you for the recommendation!

@DROPOUT, would you mind editing your original post to add the pictures in the post below?

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/1217279-post178.html

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put the HP3s in and I’m not a fan of how they light up the tailgate, so I purchased a pair that is 24 lumen, I love the cool white look but I didn’t want the tailgate illuminated , I prefer just the license plate being white 56678171495__B13EF798-43FD-46B8-83ED-5FB2A73B9E40.jpg56678243435__B485BD7B-1E7E-4606-B294-7FEF86A22A58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put the HP3s in and I’m not a fan of how they light up the tailgate, so I purchased a pair that is 24 lumen, I love the cool white look but I didn’t want the tailgate illuminated , I prefer just the license plate being white View attachment 116464View attachment 116463

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hated the illuminated tailgate too so I swapped in the super duty light housings. Then my 24 lumens lights weren't bright enough so I got some 56 lumens lights from Nick. The Super Duty light housings aren't a direct fit. You have to open up the holes in the plastic bumper cover a little for the larger housings to fit.

SAM_0761.JPG