GEN 2 LED license plate bulb replacements issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ConnRaptor

Reaction score
I purchased a new set of LEDs for my license plate for what I thought was a 2 min job. The OEM lights don’t want to come out! They are a bear to pull out and one was crushed by me trying to pull straight out. Are there any tips to getting these suckers to pop out? Also now that one bulb is busted the glass is flush with the female end and I can’t remove that one either. Is there something new on the 2018’s? Followed online videos to a T and it seems these are locked in extra tight.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps but I removed the socket from the underside of the bumper. For the busted bulb I've used small needle nose pliers to pull everything out.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't have any issues with mine when I did them. I can't remember if they twist in to lock, or if you can pull them straight out without twisting them first.

OP
OP
C

ConnRaptor

Reaction score
Thanks guys- I eventually pulled the light assembly apart and got a small plastic screwdriver to pry gently out. Mine were both completely locked in, but after getting them inside in the light and some patience I eventually got the bulbs out. New ones poppies right in no issues. Both are working now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro