Led headlight bulb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let 'em complain Black... I deal with guys like this all the time who think they know better and usually REFUSE to change their mind, even if you offer them the product to try out in their own hands... as I said, THOSE people who use our products are who defend us, because they are using them first hand. You can't get any better then that. letting actual customers market your product for you. This is why we don't spend a lot of money on advertising, our customers are our advertisers...

If you love a product you tell yer buddy about it, right? Well that's how we've gotten so popular. We started off small and let our customers do the talking and we're getting bigger and bigger offering more quality lights everyday. We're new around these forums but we're not new on some others

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let 'em complain Black... I deal with guys like this all the time who think they know better and usually REFUSE to change their mind, even if you offer them the product to try out in their own hands... as I said, THOSE people who use our products are who defend us, because they are using them first hand. You can't get any better then that. letting actual customers market your product for you. This is why we don't spend a lot of money on advertising, our customers are our advertisers...

If you love a product you tell yer buddy about it, right? Well that's how we've gotten so popular. We started off small and let our customers do the talking and we're getting bigger and bigger offering more quality lights everyday. We're new around these forums but we're not new on some others

Note.. I don't own your product.... I am (however) a lighting technician (for 29 years) :biggrin:

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at your headlamp housing you will note that all direct light from the bulb itself is physically shielded and does not project forward. Light is captured and focused by the reflector. As long as the light from the led is produced even approximately within the same physical area as a normal h13 incandescent lamp, the beam of light produced by your headlamps will be virtually identical.

Again - show me the science.

The science is in your assumption that getting it approximately right is good enough. Sounds like you missed some science classes because approximately doesn't cut it. The reflector is designed to capture and reflect a specific type of light, the light from an incandescent bulb. That is science clown, not just getting it "close enough".LOL

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

If you look at your headlamp housing you will note that all direct light from the bulb itself is physically shielded and does not project forward. Light is captured and focused by the reflector. As long as the light from the led is produced even approximately within the same physical area as a normal h13 incandescent lamp, the beam of light produced by your headlamps will be virtually identical.

Again - show me the science.

Your assumption that getting it approximately right is good enough doesn't sound like science to me... Sounds like you missed some science classes because approximately doesn't cut it. The reflector is designed to capture and reflect a specific type of light, the light from an incandescent bulb. That is science clown, not just getting it "close enough".LOL

If you are such an expert you should already know better. The light emitted from the led is very different than the light emitted from the incandescent bulb. I would think that an expert would already know this. Why do you think they try so hard to mimic the light source position and direction by placing several leds in the bulb? It is a band aid attempt at making them work where they do not belong.

Fit some to your truck and then take them out and compare them with a factory designed system, oh wait, there is no comparison because manufacturers spend millions to get this right. You can't do that in your garage no matter how many bad led bulbs you try first.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used factory halogen and aftermarket leds and noticed a big improvement in my visibility, and when looking from the front it looks white instead of yellow.

No discernible difference in "blinding" me between the 2. You could say I've "seen it with my own two eyes".

Is that scientific?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All the cool guys in town buy led bulbs and put them in their trucks. It's miserable to see them coming at night. Maybe it's not the same bulbs as mentioned above, but haven't seen one good replacement yet. Yeah, I'm 50, but don't mind updating stuff when I want to. I just do it the right way. If you want more useable light that is CORRECT, spend the money. Otherwise, keep your headlights clean and deal with what you bought. Don't torture everyone else on the road by just buying part of the answer.......

There are no cheap alternatives for perfection when it comes to headlights. Sorry.

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The science is in your assumption that getting it approximately right is good enough. Sounds like you missed some science classes because approximately doesn't cut it. The reflector is designed to capture and reflect a specific type of light, the light from an incandescent bulb. That is science clown, not just getting it "close enough".LOL

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 AM ----------

Your assumption that getting it approximately right is good enough doesn't sound like science to me... Sounds like you missed some science classes because approximately doesn't cut it. The reflector is designed to capture and reflect a specific type of light, the light from an incandescent bulb. That is science clown, not just getting it "close enough".LOL

If you are such an expert you should already know better. The light emitted from the led is very different than the light emitted from the incandescent bulb. I would think that an expert would already know this. Why do you think they try so hard to mimic the light source position and direction by placing several leds in the bulb? It is a band aid attempt at making them work where they do not belong.

Fit some to your truck and then take them out and compare them with a factory designed system, oh wait, there is no comparison because manufacturers spend millions to get this right. You can't do that in your garage no matter how many bad led bulbs you try first.

"The light emitted from the led is very different than the light emitted from the incandescent bulb."

Okay... express to me how led photons are "different" (no copy pasting allowed)..

Btw... manufacturers don't spend "millions to get it right"... in fact they spend money to hit specific benchmarks designated by government standards. That isn't necessarily "right". Just look at all the other aftermarket components available for your vehicle.

You're out of your league here kiddo.... throw in the towel while you have a chance :dogpile:

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Soo for those people who think our product will blind oncoming drivers. Why don't you try a set and if you are not 100% satisified I'll refund your money? Including shipping... what better way then to get the product in your hands...

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got the lights and i am very satisfied. Haters keep hating, these things are awesome.
One question for @4x4TruckLEDs.com is this the correct rotation? If so mine were off 180

61cd51345ab4e08c4befd45281106f02.jpge083a0fbd442c82aa0a063f5c9bbba0f.jpgb79c05f42febc5604baeefb0797f3671.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You want the diodes at 3 and 9oclock.

Hood at the top (or you may try the bottom, as some folks have better luck on the bottom in older trucks).

Some vehicles don't need to adjust them, some do. You can remove the set screw and rotate the bulb and you'll be good.

I threw them on a Nissan NV and I didn't have to adjust the set screw but that's why we make them adjustable, so that they can work on all vehicles and you can rotate them if the fan base gets in the way/etc...

Don't forgot to re-align your headlights after installation as you should anytime you replace your headlight bulbs.