Led headlight bulb?

Discussion in 'Ford SVT Raptor General Discussions [GEN 1]' started by Black_Valkyrie, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Otis857

Otis857 Full Access Member

Do you offer a set in a lower Kelvin rating, say 5000 K? I cant get into the blue/white light of 6500 Kelvin LEDs.

2. FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain FRF Addict

seems alot more white than blue to me. stole this video from f150forum. helped me make the decision to purchase

https://youtu.be/uvG4IO-Enpg

SZDZMTR likes this.
  3. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

It's actually pretty close to pure white. We know 6500k usually has a blue huge but it's actually white. Now our XHP70 bulbs, which are for projectors THOSE have a slight blue Huge in projectors but the XHP50's are pure white.

Also, the entire kit is plug and play for the most part on the 2014 and older trucks. Just plug it in and you are done. I say for the MOST part because SOME trucks have an issue where if you replace your fog lights as well, turning your fogs on turns your high beams on. You can either do the "bambi mod" or you can install CANBUS Anti-Flicker adapters... it's just a weird issue because the lights don't use a lot of power and something with the Fords throws the highs on... canbus adapters fix that (or the bambi mod for $3 in parts).

4. FreightTerrain

FreightTerrain FRF Addict

its just one extra connection. just have to find a place to secure the ballast. i ziptied mine to this angled metal piece. its not going anywhere.
    [​IMG]

5. Prybar

Prybar Full Access Member

Thanks Freight. I have waited until now to try the LEDs because the older ones always had terrible reviews and about the same reliability. Seems like this company has all their ducks lined up. Happy to support folks who do. I'll do a completely unbiased and unprofessional review when I get mine installed.

MGD likes this.
  6. Ruger

Ruger FRF Addict

7. Black_Valkyrie

Black_Valkyrie Full Access Member

Find this statement hard to believe. Show me the science.

8. Snowsled

Snowsled Full Access Member

danielsternlighting.com Plenty of reading there. Not so much on leds because I don't know if the guy is still around. The fact is, reflectors need to be designed for the bulb to get proper light refraction. Incandescent bulb filaments have a distinct pattern as do leds but they are not the same. The light cast forward is compromised by the non incandescent bulb and you blind your fellow motorists.

Since you are the one considering this bad idea, maybe YOU should seek out the science before proceeding... I don't care what you do but I do know from experience that it is a bad idea.

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

That is hilarious! Because the argument is old it is somehow invalid? Even though you go on to admit there are TONS of bad kits out there? Somehow yours are special though right?

Second paragraph is equally amusing... You mean none of the people blinding others found it to be a problem for them? AMAZING testimony there!

Ruger likes this.
  9. 4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

None of my customers blind drivers with our products. We didn't just sell a bulb to sell a bulb. I have an entire graveyard of bulbs I tested before settling on the product I sell now. I don't throw my logo on a product and sell it and claim "this is great" I do a LOT of testing. Since it's my own brand and I'm not reselling someone elses I put a lot of time/money into finding the right product.

I've argued with people like you before and in the end convinced them to try the product out... ya know what happened? Those guys sung a different tune and started telling all their friends how great our product was.

Wanna try a kit out and if ya don't like it, 100% money back guarantee? OR do you wanna sit on the internet, post "LED's are bad!" constantly and get into arguments? Try it out for yourself.

10. Black_Valkyrie

Black_Valkyrie Full Access Member

If you look at your headlamp housing you will note that all direct light from the bulb itself is physically shielded and does not project forward. Light is captured and focused by the reflector. As long as the light from the led is produced even approximately within the same physical area as a normal h13 incandescent lamp, the beam of light produced by your headlamps will be virtually identical.

Again - show me the science.