LED bulbs for halogen replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIGt0007

BIGt0007

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update
I installed the ANZO lights last night
After a few adjustments;
-they are much better than the stock halogens by far.
-Not as bright white as the LEDS,
-I will be installing some clear bra on them because the lenses feel soft and cheap.
-the biggest complaint about the Anzos is the included H1 and H7 lamps are terrible so I ordered some good rated lamps and I will change them out.
-the second biggest complaint about the ANZOS is they fog up inside, time will tell but they came with a Chinese poorly translated to English explanation of why the units may fog up. The explanation says when the lamps heat up the fog will burn off.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2009-14 F150 CREE LED HeadLight System

Anyone tried this kit? R they truly better? Do other driver constantly flash you think your highs r on?

Thanks

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I tried the LEDs and car stereo co called it....
The black covers inside the housings block the low beam light.
The high beam LEDs work great but the lows have huge dark spots.
They are brighter

View attachment 68014

I wish I could drop a grand on retrofits
I decided to try Anzos and get upgraded H1 and H7 lamps cuz all reports say Anzos come with junk bulbs.

I take it these are the reflector housings and not the 2013 projectors?

n4xxr76

Reaction score
I didn't see a response on the other forum about if the lights are DOT approved or just compliant (may have missed it). If these (link) are the same lights that SouthEast Overland sells, then they are DOT approved and good to install without worry of getting a ticket. I'll be ordering a set from them next week when I get back in town. :driver:

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I didn't see a response on the other forum about if the lights are DOT approved or just compliant (may have missed it). If these (link) are the same lights that SouthEast Overland sells, then they are DOT approved and good to install without worry of getting a ticket. I'll be ordering a set from them next week when I get back in town. :driver:

In Louisiana it doesn't matter if complaint or DOT approved. You're legally not allowed to alter any lighting on your vehicle. But then again cops don't care if you install HID or LED in reflector housings and don't bother adjusting them lower so that it reduces glare to oncoming traffic.