Led bar harness

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Lighting Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by Nignipz, Oct 14, 2015.

Sponsored By: KC HiLiTES
  1. Nignipz

Nignipz Member

Ok I know this is probably a stupid question to some of you I get it . I bought a 40 inch light bar and it's now mounted and everything under my hood . I ordered a rigid harness and wired it (red positive wire) directly to my red upfitter ( under my dash I did yellow to red) and grounded my black wire ( tried negative on battery and fender bolts) . Here's my issue , my light bar won't turn off. It's fully on 100 % of the time and my axillary switch in the cabin always has the orange light on no matter the position (on or off) as soon as the key is turned . Yes all my connections are fine... I hAvent soldered any of them because I was going to do that after everything is working properly ... HELLLLLLP ohhhhh and I got rid of the relay and switch that came with the harness by cutting away everything but what attaches to my bar ( so basically I just wired it strait to the up fitter)

2. Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe FRF Addict

Remove the wire fRom the battery post and only use the fender bolt as the ground.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

3. CoronaRaptor

CoronaRaptor FRF Addict

Recheck the wiring under the dash, you've goofed up there. The switch should not be powered when off.

4. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

also make sure the switch is functional. i have heard of switches not working right

5. Nignipz

Nignipz Member

well when i disconnect me led bar from my harness the axillary switch turns off

6. The Macf

The Macf FRF Addict

What bar is it?

7. Nignipz

Nignipz Member

opt 7 , i know its a cheaper brand but I'm a poor college student who had a unique opportunity to drive a ford raptor for free... a weird scenario i know but i don't have a grand to drop on top notch gear

8. The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company aka nosbusa Supporting Vendor

ok, can we keep one thread on this? going back and forth trying to remember which thread is a pain in the ass

J DAMAGE likes this.