LED’s SMH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A week or so ago, I ordered a cheap LED kit for converting interior bulbs for LED’s.

I changed out the dome light, map lights and cargo light bulbs.

The LED’s are bright and all looks good.

Until I let the truck sit for about a day. Battery was dead as dead can be.

So from some quick research, some LED’s will/can drain a battery.

I don’t have the truck in my possession at the moment or I’d be out there with a multi meter checking amp draws. Sunroof rails are being replaced.

I also see there is an approved LED vendor on the site. Ooops. I should have looked there first.

So is anyone familiar with this?

Was it just the fact that they are cheap? Does some of the interior bulbs have diodes built in and some don’t? The bulbs do not appear to “glow” as I’ve read that some do when off. But the amp draw at such a low lumens would draw almost no amps for a long period of time without draining the battery.

I assume the BCM is not going into shut down mode. I can change back until I find a solution or new led bulbs, but input would be appreciated.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t know of anyone on here who’s done the interior lamp swap.

brink

Reaction score
I did all my interior lighting with brand name (i think phillips) LED's and it's been fine for 5 years.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No issues swapping all my interior LEDs to Diode Dynamics stuff which still didn’t cost that much. Previously used cheaper stuff failed early or otherwise didn’t fully shut off even when switched off. The only bulbs from those earlier purchases I have left is the vanity mirror lights. Everything else is red DD LEDs.