Learn from a dummy...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you filed a claim with your insurance company because you didn't read the directions on the box?

I admire your moxey!
As someone else said it is called comprehensive coverage.

It was still an accident, he didn't leave the pre-filter inside the air filter on purpose.

Of you pull up to a gas pump and accidentally fill your tank with diesel fuel this coverage would help you.

Obviously if the insurance can prove it was intentional then there won't be any coverage.

Here is how it was explained to me years ago by my insurance agent.

Let's say you are retarded and store 5 gallons of gas next to your water heater. Your house burns down.

Insurance will pay for everything EXCEPT a gas can and 5 gallons of gas.

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have a catch can? The oily goo if from your PCV system.

Short story is, under boost conditions the only low pressure area that crankcase pressure/fumes/vapors can be vented to and still be pulled into the engine to be burned is in front of the turbo inlet.

This causes oil (in the form of vapor) to be pulled in through the turbo into the intercooler system and condense back into a liquid, usually a pretty nasty liquid.

I have been running a catch can on my 7.3 for 15 years or so, on my wife's SHO for 8 years and never once since install have I seen any oil residue in the intercooler piping. My 7.3 does not suffer from oily swollen intercooler boots like most.

Because of my positive results, I had a catch can waiting in my garage before my Raptor arrived. Was first thing I did.
Appreciate it @Old-Raptor-guy but you must have missed my earlier story. This is pictures of my F360 6.7L Diesel. And it is not oily residue, it is a Banks Pre-Filter that I stupidly left inside the cone filter when installing the Banks CAI. Gotta read the whole thread. I opted out of a catch can on my Rap. I got an eBoV instead.

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone else said it is called comprehensive coverage.

It was still an accident, he didn't leave the pre-filter inside the air filter on purpose.

Of you pull up to a gas pump and accidentally fill your tank with diesel fuel this coverage would help you.

Obviously if the insurance can prove it was intentional then there won't be any coverage.

Here is how it was explained to me years ago by my insurance agent.

Let's say you are retarded and store 5 gallons of gas next to your water heater. Your house burns down.

Insurance will pay for everything EXCEPT a gas can and 5 gallons of gas.
Correct. I did read the instructions. I also watched videos. But, I made a mistake. GCATX has never made a mistake, so perhaps he is unfamiliar with how it works. :cool: :evil27: :flame:

OP
OP
H

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. It never occurred to me to file a claim in a situation like that. That's all.
TBH, I thought State Farm was going to laugh at me and hang up. But, the claim agent said, no, you are covered. The bill is up to $9200 now too... and growing.