Leaky 3rd brake light fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if there are any brands of blinker fluid that are compatible with the 3rd brake light, but if you can find one, topping it off with blinker fluid would keep water from getting into the light and ruining it.
Blinker fluid also helps seal in the wire smoke.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got some of that handy actually. When you use that, are you just doing it around the opening on the body where the light mounts to? Or are you applying the tape to the light somehow?
Use it like a gasket, just roll it out into a long thin rope and go all the way around. It will come off the paint with a little light oil or goo gone and some elbow grease if you ever need to remove it. This is pretty much the same stuff as what the rear window is sealed in with.

SVTRaptorGT500

Reaction score
I had this prob, the reason why it keeps coming back .. at least that I have found is that the mating surface will flex and warp. Try putting a ruler or something up to it and see if yours is flexed.