GEN 2 Leaked info on motor? 2017 Raptor 450hp/510lb.-ft of torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
The statement about hollow camshafts to save weight cracks me up. As far as rotating inertia goes, you get the least benefit from removing material from the center. As far as overall weight reduction, my guess would be 10 lbs or less.

Last edited:

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me to see that as the final numbers. Decent increase in HP, good jump in torque.

It's not a street truck, so no real reason for a huge HP jump, from factory.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The next big question for me will be what it's making at the wheels. SAE certified numbers tend to favor turbocharged engines, you see this now in Coyote vs EB dyno numbers.

For typical J1349 certified turbocharged engines right now, if Ford claims 450/510, it should be making 380-390 rwhp and 440-450 rwtq. For reference, the 6.2L made about 330-340 rwhp and 350-360 rwtq. Combined with the weight loss, the acceleration is going to be impressive for such a big truck.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just went searching for those engine specs. They are in our dealer Esourcebook. Interesting thing is when you click on the Raptor truck info it still shows the blah blah blah about the new engine will be more powerfull than the old 6.2. But as you scroll through the truck specs there is a clickable link for the 3.5 HO and that's where those specs are listed.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is posted in our Ford Dealer source book online. This is where we go to get all of the specs and info about our entire product line. I can't post a link because it requires a dealer login to access. I tried to copy and paste but that doesn't work either.

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is posted in our Ford Dealer source book online. This is where we go to get all of the specs and info about our entire product line. I can't post a link because it requires a dealer login to access. I tried to copy and paste but that doesn't work either.

Your cell phone have a camera?

OP
OP
ZaneMasterX

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Screen cap it by pressing Print Screen on your keyboard. Then open a photo/paint program and then press ctrl+v to paste the picture there and save it. Then upload the file to an image site like imgur and then post it here!