Leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Time for an update.
No more settling has occurred. Still loving the balance of the Geiser springs up front and the Atlas leafs.
The only gripe I have is in the payload. About a month ago I had to haul some masonry,maybe 500lb.s worth. The ass was looking like squatting dog. lol Sorry Greg.
There was no real unstable feeling you get with a big payload. Just the squat. Another thing I noticed yesterday. I decided not to wait for a slug **** to pass me while merging onto a highway. It required a serving of mashed pedal which resulted in a tiny bit of wheel hop with the aroma of burnt tire.
In the end I suppose if I was going to use this truck more often for hauling shit I'd likely have Atlas make me a thicker pack and most likely go with a 2.5 bump shock to assist in load leverage.
Carry on.

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the Atlas leaf pack holding up and are you still happy with its performance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think I can answer that the way you'd like. The truck has been garaged for the winter up here and I just returned home. The rap wasn't on the road much after my last post. I just went out and put a tape on the rear fender lip and there has been a total of 1/2" lost from day one with the Atlas springs. She'll be out wheelin' this week. I

Hasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah ok, garaged for the winter makes sense. I'm looking forward to updates on how they hold up and perform.

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the rap is out and I spent the last two days logging some logging roads up here. 500 miles of butt puckering hot runs. I stand by my feelings from day one on the set up I've got going. I'm glad I went with the Atlas packs. Still at 1/2" loss from installation. Along with the Geiser coil overs the truck is well balanced. It's not a trophy truck but takes what I'm dishing and delivers predictability and comfort. Those two mods eliminate near all of the squirrel the OE raptor is when running hard.

OP
OP
1stSFG

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update;

Last week the rap was put to playing mule with 1.1k pounds of rock. Two trips each consisting of 50 miles of interstate running 75, and about 10 miles of hole and washboard filled road.
It handled exceptionally well. Better than I thought it would. There was no real "boaty" drift until I ran it up well past the 70 mark. (no traffic) It also to my surprise sat almost level in rake. Each load was in the truck for about two hours.
I went out this morning to see if I lost any ride height. None lost. Still sitting at 43 3/4" from the ground to fender lip.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Let me also add that I don't advise over loading the trucks or driving at excessive speed at anytime.
Carry on.

Last edited:

07Alloy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my atlas leaf packs on for almost a year and only about 1/2 inch loss in height also. Really helped for hauling too