LEAF SPRINGS VS SUSPENSION LIFT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys question.. I am not a mechanical guy so please.work with me. Lol.
My used 2019 gen 2 came with a FAB TECH 4 INCH suspension lift. I bought the truck used after diving 9 other used stock raptors. To me this one had the BEST look and drove amazing except for making u turns due to lift kit I would imagine. I assumed the Fabtech 4inch kit was installed by original owner to accommodate the 37" in any event I have enjoyed my mall crawler..

My question is. Thinking of going with new leaf springs. I notice they came in 2 to 3inch which would lift the back end...

I am confused. If gen 2 guys are running 37inch tires with Deaver springs , colars and stuff why would someone get a suspension lift at 4inches?? I know suspension lifts are not a good topic with serious Raptor gents. Again I have a horrible understanding of suspension. . I am happy with way my truck rides but tires are close ro rear wheel wells when I would prefer a more clearance.

I like the way 37inch tires look but may downsize to 35. Everyone tells me I won't like the look

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys question.. I am not a mechanical guy so please.work with me. Lol.
My used 2019 gen 2 came with a FAB TECH 4 INCH suspension lift. I bought the truck used after diving 9 other used stock raptors. To me this one had the BEST look and drove amazing except for making u turns due to lift kit I would imagine. I assumed the Fabtech 4inch kit was installed by original owner to accommodate the 37" in any event I have enjoyed my mall crawler..

My question is. Thinking of going with new leaf springs. I notice they came in 2 to 3inch which would lift the back end...

I am confused. If gen 2 guys are running 37inch tires with Deaver springs , colars and stuff why would someone get a suspension lift at 4inches?? I know suspension lifts are not a good topic with serious Raptor gents. Again I have a horrible understanding of suspension. . I am happy with way my truck rides but tires are close ro rear wheel wells when I would prefer a more clearance.

I like the way 37inch tires look but may downsize to 35. Everyone tells me I won't like the look

the bad news is a lot of times, the front diff mounting bracket gets cut off the frame for a lot of these lift kits, if you wanted to reverse it.. im not 100% on that particular lift, but its a possibility. you'll want to check into it..

a 4 inch lift is the easiest way to put 37s on, and probably the cheapest as well, as no cutting or trimming would be required.. it changes the suspension geometry especially with the upper control arm, since the lower arm mounting points are moved down, but the uppers stay in the same location.. thats mostly why we are not a fan of lifts..

as far as the leaf springs, stock the truck came with a 2" block in between the springs, and axle to get the raptor sized lift. +2 deaver springs for instance, would make the truck sit at stock height, because the 2" block will get removed. +3 would add and inch and so on.. i run +3HD deavers with eibach springs and it sits very level and around 2" overall higher than stock.20220409_140555.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bad news is a lot of times, the front diff mounting bracket gets cut off the frame for a lot of these lift kits, if you wanted to reverse it.. im not 100% on that particular lift, but its a possibility. you'll want to check into it..

a 4 inch lift is the easiest way to put 37s on, and probably the cheapest as well, as no cutting or trimming would be required.. it changes the suspension geometry especially with the upper control arm, since the lower arm mounting points are moved down, but the uppers stay in the same location.. thats mostly why we are not a fan of lifts..

as far as the leaf springs, stock the truck came with a 2" block in between the springs, and axle to get the raptor sized lift. +2 deaver springs for instance, would make the truck sit at stock height, because the 2" block will get removed. +3 would add and inch and so on.. i run +3HD deavers with eibach springs and it sits very level and around 2" overall higher than stock.View attachment 377977
Thank you for explanation. I got a much better understanding especially with+2 - stock vs aftermarket leaf.. I like the look of many truck with aftermarket leaf vs stock. .. but I gotta find out what was cut off when they installed that fab tech. I do know the welded the(don't know the name) front factory STEEL underneath ENGINE PROTECT PLATE to the front FAB TECH housing under front access. Looks cool.for protection but to remove.it prob a pain.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a side note, although I don’t want to start an argument, I suspect this will on this forum. Due to physics, I suggest immediately kicking anyone in the nuts who says lifting blocks are ok. EVEN for a Starbucks queen axle wrap is real. I’d almost say especially so as more pavement princesses see hard launches on sticky surfaces that those who spend a lot of time in the dirt.

A BIG however…. Deaver can custom make you what you want/need WITHOUT blocks. So there is even less reason to settle for blocks. Just sayin’

I am enjoying their +2 HD’s, which basically removes the stock blocks and at stock height with an extra 450 pounds of weight capacity.

Last edited:
OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a side note, although I don’t want to start an argument, I suspect this will on this forum. Due to physics, I suggest immediately kicking anyone in the nuts who says lifting blocks are ok. EVEN for a Starbucks queen axle wrap is real. I’d almost say especially so as more pavement princesses see hard launches on sticky surfaces that those who spend a lot of time in the dirt.

A BIG however…. Deaver can custom make you what you want/need WITHOUT blocks. So there is even less reason to settle for blocks. Just sayin’

I am enjoying their +2 HD’s, which basically removes the stock blocks and at stock height with an extra 450 pounds of weight capacity.
Trust me.i get it. .. when I purchased my over custom.loaded used 2019 I did not have a good understanding on why suspension lifts are not ideal for a raptor

. I just drove it and due to it having all these upgrades, xl auto.steps, lights, custom radio system, hidden winch, 37 tires,and plus it drove faster than any other used raptor I test drove I bought it..lol..(no.idea it was tunes till days after) then a week later I question "why is my radiator grey", what's COBB emblem in 3 places.. figure it all out. Lol.. .. prob just leave it along but without a doubt blocks and suspension lifts defeat purpose of raptors suspension other than just clearence..

Can't wait to.get.my 2023 Raptor R IN 2030 WITH 50K MILES FOR 65k. Lol