Leadfoot vs. Magnetic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Judd McPherson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gone back and forth about whether to trade my 2018 Leadfoot in on a 2019 Magnetic. I love the Leadfoot color, but had convinced myself that Magnetic was fairly close (just without the metallic). Until I parked ny Leadfoot next to a Magnetic for comparison sake...

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waste of money.

wrap what you have and make it your own.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went back and forth myself, but I went with Magnetic because I wanted the metallic color over the flat Leadfoot. Plus, the Raptor trim pieces are all Magnetic, so they do not stand out as much on mine.

As for your situation, I agree that you would be wasting money to trade in a 2018 for a 2019. The dealer has no incentive to give you a good deal on your trade, so they will give you as little as possible.

OP
OP
J

Judd McPherson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waste of money.

wrap what you have and make it your own.

It's a tax write-off, and the depreciation is much less on the Raptor than other models. It was definitely worth the difference from my 2017 to my 2018. Beats the hell out of depreciating new filing cabinets or office furniture instead!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I was going back and forth to but went with magnetic. Lead foot was just to different of a color for me.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a tax write-off, and the depreciation is much less on the Raptor than other models. It was definitely worth the difference from my 2017 to my 2018. Beats the hell out of depreciating new filing cabinets or office furniture instead!

Teach me this secret deduction technique so that I too may trade in cars/ trucks fairly regularly.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think the more it depreciates, the more tax write off it is. Wouldn't that make sense....the more money you lose "decpreciate" the more you get to write off as a loss/deduction????

Anyways...... my 14 cummins megacab was metallic grey, and my 17 f250 platinum was magnetic. And since leadfoot is a 2018 exclusive...... I decided on leadfoot.

Honestly..... you can't go wrong with any grey color lol.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So yesterday, in my town I saw 3 lead foot raptors within 2 miles of each other, and mine is also Lead foot.

I agree with another poster, Wrap it and make it your own.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't you have to re-capture the accelerated depreciation from year one if you dispose of the vehicle early under Section 179?

On topic, the only reason I'd go for a 2019 is the new suspension, but I'd want to drive one first.