Lead time for order to get picked up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what im understanding there is no more "allocations" for dealers. They can order as many or little as they want (This explains the drop in pricing).

Someone correct me if im wrong on this...

--John

OP
OP
W

wheelman76

Reaction score
That seams to be what everyone buys so you will probably have about a 2 month wait, I would see if your dealer can trade. Because there are plenty of 802a trucks out there.

I'm not too concerned on the lead time. I still love my platinum and in the mean time I can get a couple more payments made on that to get some more equity in it come trade in time.

We'll see how it goes!

Offsetz33

Reaction score
I will be putting an order in with my dealer who has exhausted their given allocations for 2018 already. They said once they put the order in, Ford will let them know if it's getting picked up. Anyone have experience with this scenario and how long it took Ford to pick up the order after their dealer sold out of their allotment? I'm wondering if I have weeks or months that I'll be waiting.

This is what I did last year when I ordered my 17 - order was never picked up. Only the allocations were given to the dealer and no more. Waited about 4 months before ford finally cancelled the order. I'm now waiting on an allocated 18 from a different dealer

OP
OP
W

wheelman76

Reaction score
This is what I did last year when I ordered my 17 - order was never picked up. Only the allocations were given to the dealer and no more. Waited about 4 months before ford finally cancelled the order. I'm now waiting on an allocated 18 from a different dealer

How far into the model year did you put the order in? I am guessing I'm early enough in the cycle that I'll get a truck. Didn't they just start building 2018's in July? We're only in October... got a ways to go yet for 2018

Offsetz33

Reaction score
I ordered my truck in Nov last year and was Feb when I got the call that ford had cancelled it. They had said in the past with the first gens ford would pickup orders like this but it didn't happen to me. You may get lucky, but you may also be waiting until the end of the 18 cycle just to then find out your won't be getting a truck. If I were you I would start looking for allocations at other dealers. My original truck was supposed to be for invoice which is why I held out but in the end it didn't happen. Good luck!

GutweinMCP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor allocation for dealers was broken into two sections for '17 and '18 the second one reconfigured based on the share of national sales of 2017's you moved. They will build the trucks out in batches as they normally do. Generally once we get a VIN we usually see the truck in 8-10 weeks.