Lead time for order to get picked up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman76

Reaction score
I will be putting an order in with my dealer who has exhausted their given allocations for 2018 already. They said once they put the order in, Ford will let them know if it's getting picked up. Anyone have experience with this scenario and how long it took Ford to pick up the order after their dealer sold out of their allotment? I'm wondering if I have weeks or months that I'll be waiting.

OP
OP
W

wheelman76

Reaction score
They say once ford sees confirmed orders (not for dealer stock) that they’ll get it in the production line. I’m not necessarily in a huge hurry but it’d be nice to have it when the snow flies by me otherwise I may need to consider a set of tires for my current f150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

wheelman76

Reaction score
I need to trade money be in to offset the price. Plus I need the crew

rdz418

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check with another dealer. My dealer still had allocations for 2018s. I ordered mine on 7/20 and it's getting built the week of 10/23. SO, if you want it before the snow flies, I'd check somewhere else.

OP
OP
W

wheelman76

Reaction score
I would check with another dealer. My dealer still had allocations for 2018s. I ordered mine on 7/20 and it's getting built the week of 10/23. SO, if you want it before the snow flies, I'd check somewhere else.

I’m getting $1500 off msrp, doubt I’ll get someone to bite that’s logistically close to me that will be as generous as I’m getting on my trade as well. If I have to throw on new tires I’ll see where that gets me on additional trade value. Plus I don’t want to burn a bridge, I’m friends with the owner.

Nick610s

Reaction score
It's going to depend on what your order is. My dealer did not have any allocations left, since they are small, I order my truck sept 7th, build date scheduled 10/7 delivery by 10/29. But like I said it depends on what you order. And I ordered a truck that most will not, leadfoot 800a super cab with limited slip front diff only option.

OP
OP
W

wheelman76

Reaction score
It's going to depend on what your order is. My dealer did not have any allocations left, since they are small, I order my truck sept 7th, build date scheduled 10/7 delivery by 10/29. But like I said it depends on what you order. And I ordered a truck that most will not, leadfoot 800a super cab with limited slip front diff only option.

I'm ordering an 802a and tech package and tailgate step. Saves them time not cutting off the roof!

Nick610s

Reaction score
That seams to be what everyone buys so you will probably have about a 2 month wait, I would see if your dealer can trade. Because there are plenty of 802a trucks out there.