Lead frame/Trans shift recalls on whipple charged setups question:Gen1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Skubik

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took mine is recently and I have the Roush and they did not really question it. I did make them note not to reflash the computer after they did it. The problems I had was them taking 3 weeks to get the part.
That's good to know. still haven't taken mine in. I haven't had any issues either thankfully. Except for
today the stupid orange wrench light came on while at a red light and felt like it went into limp mode. I pulled over, restarted the truck and has been fine since. Not sure why it came on except that it was a stop and go traffic situation and maybe that triggered it.

So they didn't reflash your computer? I thought that was part of it? So then they just replaced the lead frame part and that's it?

KRGKen

Reaction score
That's good to know. still haven't taken mine in. I haven't had any issues either thankfully. Except for
today the stupid orange wrench light came on while at a red light and felt like it went into limp mode. I pulled over, restarted the truck and has been fine since. Not sure why it came on except that it was a stop and go traffic situation and maybe that triggered it.

So they didn't reflash your computer? I thought that was part of it? So then they just replaced the lead frame part and that's it?
Correct on mine I told them just to replace leadframe and not reflash. I know they were saying the update was in the reflash but I have had no issues since

jbrady5979

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. My 13 had the trans replaced in 2019 because I brought the truck in for the recall, had it “repaired”. Got halfway home and I hit first gear doing 65 on the highway. Brought the truck back next day and got the call the flywheel was toast and trans was no good. $8200 later I left and it was fine until last week. Now it’s doing the same thing with the scattered shifts from 1,2,3,6,1 and the wrench.
Does anyone have the correct part number for the lead frame for a 13’?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct on mine I told them just to replace leadframe and not reflash. I know they were saying the update was in the reflash but I have had no issues since
Wait. The recall is a software only thing, not a leadframe replacement. How'd you get them to do this?

Regarding tuning, my JDM tune already took care of this, so I am not taking mine in for the recall. However, I DID experience the sudden drop to first while flat towing on the freeway long ago - before my SC and tune. Let me tell you, that is some excitement right there. Zero occurrences since my tune and SC years ago.

KRGKen

Reaction score
Wait. The recall is a software only thing, not a leadframe replacement. How'd you get them to do this?

Regarding tuning, my JDM tune already took care of this, so I am not taking mine in for the recall. However, I DID experience the sudden drop to first while flat towing on the freeway long ago - before my SC and tune. Let me tell you, that is some excitement right there. Zero occurrences since my tune and SC years ago.
The recall is a software thing but there is a TSB about the whole unit, just have to prove to them it is doing it and be within the parameters

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The recall is a software thing but there is a TSB about the whole unit, just have to prove to them it is doing it and be within the parameters
Yeah, they screwed me on that one. I wound up having to pay for it. Even spoke to and wrote Ford directly about it. They never replied.

KRGKen

Reaction score
Yeah, they screwed me on that one. I wound up having to pay for it. Even spoke to and wrote Ford directly about it. They never replied.
Yeah I have a friend right now fighting with them about his and them telling him he has to leave it at the dealer for 3 months with no rental

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello peeps!
Been a minute since I've been on here, hectic times.
Question: has anyone done the trans shift software update recall and now the lead frame recall on a modified Gen1? In my case Whipple charged setup with aftermarket SCT tuner?
When I tried taking the truck to the dealer back when the shift issue popped up they didn't know what to do and I couldn't get any straight answers on wether or not it was necessary on a modified and tuned truck, so I didn't and 2 years later I still have t had any shifting issues but now there's a lead frame recall and I was wondering if anyone with a modified Gen1 truck has done anything with these recalls. View attachment 340594View attachment 340594
What site is this ? So I can check for mine.