Lead Foot Grey Haters ONLY!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drewabbs

Reaction score
I chose plain old metallic silver (ingot I think is the term) because I just love metallic silver paint on my cars/trucks. I considered LF but stuck with Silver because I 'trust" the choice and I have concerns about long-term paint care. Surely not as bad as black but swirls and polish lines seem inevitable.

I share your concerns on the swirls, especially with the wide body, trail rash will happen soon.
I just got the LFG in last week, next week it goes in for a complete clear bra over the entire body. Gloss and Self healing capabilities should keep the normal field scrapes and bruises away since moderate scratches heal in sunlight (if you believe Suntek PPF Ultra). Time will tell.

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure they're still building LFs, mine (silver) is still waiting for a build date, rumor is that the cutover to 2019s starts in 2nd half of October.

I really like the LF and AG colors, it looks pretty dark in overcast or at night, but bright sunshine REALLY lightens it up a lot. Only negative I can say appearance wise is that it seems Ford is copying TRD, saw a bunch of Tundra's in a similar color, wait a year or two and Ford has it. Kind of like how I see "platinum" badges on all the *** trucks now.

I chose plain old metallic silver (ingot I think is the term) because I just love metallic silver paint on my cars/trucks. I considered LF but stuck with Silver because I 'trust" the choice and I have concerns about long-term paint care. Surely not as bad as black but swirls and polish lines seem inevitable.

8/10/18 was last day to submit 2018s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vintabu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured I should chime in here. Just hit 5k miles from when I picked her up around Easter. Roti’s and leveling kit on the way.

IMG_2534.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk