Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive scoured the Google machine and FRF for definitive answers to my questions with no luck.

My two questions:
1. Is there an aftermarket kit for reinforcing the stock LCA mounts by 'boxing' them in? I found this thread for Gen 1 https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/fabrication-resource.93222/#post-1813769 but nothing for Gen 2s. I am aware of the readily-available aftermarket reinforcement plates (slotted and not) that mount vertically, but Im looking for something that spans the LCA mount opening; creating a 'box' structure. Similar to this image:
1666617565896.png
Credit: @Jhollowell
I would preferably link the front and back LCA mounts with a single plate, welded to each of the four LCA tabs. I would think spanning the front and rear LCA mounts would significantly strengthen this well-known weak point.

2. What aftermarket front bumpers protect the LCA mounts like the OEM skid? Tapered prerunner-style front skids are the most available option but they leave the LCA mounts exposed. Additionally, I have the Swarfworks hidden winch mount for OEM bumper which I'd like to keep. However, I realize if I go down the aftermarket bumper rabbit hole, I will probably need a custom hidden winch mount.

Thanks for any feedback.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KHC Krazy House Custumz.... Freeky 1/4 inch iron.. You will feel the differance as the suspension is solid with a decent "base platform" for the control arms to do WORK, you wont break it and your truck will eat rocks, mud, sand and SMALLER VEHICLES with no more janky pockets upfront...

i was launching my truck at Hollister Hills one day and ripped my LCA rear frame bracket almost off...ABUSING THE VEHICL SORRY. anyhow with this kit fairy easy to fix, no more frame drama, wind it up and it goes. You will need an upper control arm with the ability to adjust your alignment and there are many options,the aluminum ones seem to be popular, I prefer the SVC steel boxed double sheer unit with a fatter upper ball joit [BIG ASS BOLT REQUIRED MINOR SPINDLE MODIFICATION}...20 FT OF 4 WHEEL AIR WILL NOT BREAK ANYTHING EVEN WITH A ONE TIRE HARD LANDING. JUMP IT AND LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!!

I am happy to install here in Monterey, CA at Seaside Superbikes motorcyle and truck service department..MIKE 831 760 2701 FREE ADVICE ANYTIME 24 7.
20201002_200639.jpg

Attachments

• 117260364_10158213958927795_151476777260372887_o.jpg
    117260364_10158213958927795_151476777260372887_o.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 12
OP
OP
ImAllSCREWdUp

ImAllSCREWdUp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Mikee Martin thanks for the reply. Im familiar with this kit and very interested. Unfortunately, im on the east coast. It would probably be easier for me to go straight to KHC. How long did it take to install? Have you done a write up? Got any more pics of the install?