Late August 2018 MSRP or lower thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobW33

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been following Gen 2 Raptors for over a year now and I'm surprised at the continued high demand, particularly here in California. For the first time, however, I am seeing discounts to MSRP in some regions. Some are bogus, some come from "demo" with upwards of 6K miles, and some are legit. I'm debating buying a loaded 2018 or ordering a 2019 with the bare minimum (for me that would be 802A and tech package). Everything else can be added later. After 70+ pages on the old MSRP thread I thought it might be ok to start a new one.

Does anyone have any idea about the end of 2018 model year production? Are they knocking out a lot of trucks in preparation for the 2019s that aren't spoken for? I still see some March 2018 builds for sale which I would think would go for deep discount. I'm a buyer at $5K off, but I'd order a 2019 if I can't get there. I do see a lot in the $3K off range (after silly fees). I'll go anywhere in the US to buy one knowing I'll pay for shipping.

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw some down 4K in the other thread, Kings Ford in Cincinnati.

where are you finding 3K off trucks?

Qbngringo

Reaction score
I would check Ohio and the mid west, saw some discounted Raptors there online. Just keep searching and be patient. The new live valve shocks seem to be helping make late model 18s to be less desirable. I can find tons of Raptors of all trim levels here in Florida for MSRP but I actually just bought a 801A package screw from Kentucky with a heavy discount. 61k sticker and got out the door for $59,500 including dealer fee.

OP
OP
R

RobW33

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aikins Ford outside of Atlanta has $4K off on most of their Raptors, but they have about $800 in fees. I've seen individual Raptors with $5700 discounts but I think it's a bait and switch since they tell me they will get a quote and then go dark. North Carolina seems to be a place where discounts are pretty good, but only on one or two.

mfa81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aikins Ford outside of Atlanta has $4K off on most of their Raptors, but they have about $800 in fees. I've seen individual Raptors with $5700 discounts but I think it's a bait and switch since they tell me they will get a quote and then go dark. North Carolina seems to be a place where discounts are pretty good, but only on one or two.

good discount, I feel like it’s a $2k off because of the sticker package :-( guess we can’t have everything!

CMSearle2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely try Kings Ford in Cincinnati.

Call and ask for Travis Martin. He’s the sales manager.

(513)683-0220

I’m not affiliated with the dealership. Travis is a friend of a coworker and they took great care of me so I told him I’d try to spread the word for him.

Another forum member came all the way up from Florida and said he couldn’t have been happier.

Last I checked, he had 2 Shadow Black and 1 Ruby Red, all 802A with beadlocks left.

Call him up! Tell him Chris sent you from the FRF. He’s now aware of the power of this forum.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Galpin Ford has 33 @ 2018 Raptors and won't deal on a single one. $7500 above MSRP the lowest theyll go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RobW33

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Galpin and others like Ken Grody seem to have no problem selling at that premium. I tracked down a 2018 with 2000 miles on it in the South Bay (used) and the dealer wanted above MSRP. Dude traded it in on a Porsche. Too much money to care about paying the premium.

Personally, I will be buying out of state. I've done it several times and saved a lot of money. For me the best way to track the deals is to look at cargurus.com. I've had the opportunity to buy several at $4K under MSRP but haven't been able to pull the trigger (need a few weeks to sell my other car).