Last KC lights I buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KC HiLiTES

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Brad I really appreciate you taking the time to post this message. I have not reached out to support as when I read the warranty terms it said that cosmetics were only covered for a year. I was assuming (perhaps wrongly) that this would come into that category as the lights are still working fine.

I will reach out to support as you ask, send them the pictures and cc you.

Thank you again

Makes total sense. We do this because we honestly get the most asinine claims and had to set a standard to protect us with these invalid claim situations. Unfortunately this is not one of them but as you mentioned how would you know after reading the writing on the wall. I would always submit info to a company after a warranty period is up, maybe address it as "I understand the warranty is up but this seems a little off from what I would expect of this product blah blah blah....." For KC we look at everything and bring reality to the picture best we can as we truly value our customers, as i mentioned if it's our problem we are not afraid to admit it and handle it.

I'll be on the look out!

ThatGuy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my KC lights! Not only do the lights kick ass and look bad ass. But the customer support is outstanding!! I've contacted them a few times with issues I had with my lights and they stood by them 100%! They even backed them for free. The customer support alone makes them a great concomp

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
DBF1B6AB-FBBA-43D4-8600-124C50EA38E2.jpeg 8C1FBF0B-5E31-49EB-9DC7-E749D5E7B1DE.jpeg 8C1FBF0B-5E31-49EB-9DC7-E749D5E7B1DE.jpeg DBF1B6AB-FBBA-43D4-8600-124C50EA38E2.jpeg Ditto on the surface / anodized housing is flaking off. On a 4 year old product. The sad thing is that my truck was a marketing/street queen. Never even seen , sand, salt or snow.

KC HiLiTES

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 126927 View attachment 126926 View attachment 126926 View attachment 126927 Ditto on the surface / anodized housing is flaking off. On a 4 year old product. The sad thing is that my truck was a marketing/street queen. Never even seen , sand, salt or snow.

Sorry about the trouble my man. You mentioned that it has never seen a few things, but there must be something that is giving the finish a run for its money as you can also see rust on the bumper in your images. Bottom line is we are happy to take care of this for you. If you can submit a warranty ticket via our website using the “Support” tab and then DM me the ticket number, I’ll push it through to get the bar swapped out. The element of earth in all form factors are brutal and although we try hard to coat them with quality contents earth or chemicals tend to win sometimes.

Cheers,

Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEIRONMAN207

Reaction score
Brad thanks for your quick response! Honestly, I did not expect to submit a warrantee claim nor wasn't even going to mention this, however, I was offering my example as another case similar to the previously posted one. And yes the Bull bar does show rust along the edges of the bottom panel cut outs. I'm not happy with the Bull bar and planning to remove it anyway and planned to move the lights to the bottom grill opening.The bull bar is more of a decorative add on and its a painted metal item and does not look like its a powder coating or anodized. But I assure you, this truck has never seen snow or road salt etc.. It was purchased in Florida and always been a street queen living large in South Florida! I can send you pics of the bottom components of the truck. Even the original leaf springs are not rusted and the truck still has all the factory build stickers and bar coded paper stickers on all the suspension components. I'm getting ready to travel west and then north in the coming weeks though, and I have been researching products coating and members tricks and methods to combat the inevitable environments!

Again, thanks for your comments and offer of support...Always been a fan of KC HiLights, even from my younger days and on my CJ5s.

Last edited:

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brad I really appreciate you taking the time to post this message. I have not reached out to support as when I read the warranty terms it said that cosmetics were only covered for a year. I was assuming (perhaps wrongly) that this would come into that category as the lights are still working fine.

I will reach out to support as you ask, send them the pictures and cc you.

Thank you again

i would suggest an edit to the title of this thread. KC is clearly a stand up company with good representation on this forum. You admittedly went straight to bashing them before even giving them a chance to stand behind their product. They are clearly standing behind their product and you as a customer.

The only reason i clicked on this thread was to see what the problem was. Since a lot of people dont read an entire thread, I think the right thing to do is get the facts straight in the title.

"Problem with KC lights, but KC seems to be good to deal with as we work out a solution"

Sorry...not jumping on you. I clearly think poor customer service should be dealt with swiftly and without mercy...but good service needs to be rewarded.

OP
OP
Mick VT

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would suggest an edit to the title of this thread. KC is clearly a stand up company with good representation on this forum. You admittedly went straight to bashing them before even giving them a chance to stand behind their product. They are clearly standing behind their product and you as a customer.

The only reason i clicked on this thread was to see what the problem was. Since a lot of people dont read an entire thread, I think the right thing to do is get the facts straight in the title.

"Problem with KC lights, but KC seems to be good to deal with as we work out a solution"

Sorry...not jumping on you. I clearly think poor customer service should be dealt with swiftly and without mercy...but good service needs to be rewarded.

You make a good point - if only I could find a way to edit the title I would it all seems to be non changeable - I cannot even delete the thread

Last edited:

MEIRONMAN207

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I added my post and issue with my light bar...well after traveling from Florida to California, back to Florida and now up To Maine, yes over 8000 miles! The Guys at KC HiLites came through and the product support was better than I have experienced before with other products. Thanks Anthony, Josh and Brad. Great Support team !

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
As a general rule, I would suggest reaching out to the company you are having issues with before slagging them off all over the interwebs.

:Insane: