Last Floor Jack Post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the option today of getting the Pro Eagle 2 ton beast for $450 and no tax new in box. Found it on CraigsList. Guy is selling a few of them and it seems like they may have "fallen off the back of a truck" or maybe he gets them for wholesale.

Whatever the case. $450 and no tax when it is regularly $529 plus tax. Let's call it a $100 savings. The 2 ton beast has a lift height of 2'-2" (26").

The Harbor Freight 3 ton long reach low profile Daytona Jack is $239 plus tax and goes 24 1/4" lift height. So about 2" shy of the Pro Eagle.
https://www.harborfreight.com/3-ton...-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-orange-64241.html

The Harbor Freight 3 ton regular jack is $289 plus tax and goes to 23" 1/8"
https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...apid-pump-sunburst-metallic-orange-57590.html

2-3" makes all the difference ;). Can the Pro Eagle Beast get the entire front end off the ground for a tire rotation? Can the Harbor Freight do the same at either23-24" ? I realize I can always use or buy some type of extension or just a block of wood, but I plan on holding onto the truck for a long time and I like to do tire rotations every 5k along with oil changes. Safety is a concern when I'm working in my driveway.

I'm not sure if I would take any of these jacks on an off-road trip with me. They seem pretty large to throw in the back, but maybe I would. It's primarily for tire rotations. Extra bonus if you take the HF with you and tell me what that's like.

Help me make sense of what I need to do my own tire rotations on this truck. I might switch over to KM3's, and I've had 14 years of experience with KM2's and KM'3s, and in order for them to wear proper you have to rotate.

I posted about this a while back but had some options suggested that I wasn't interested in (sorry guys who posted). So of the above options or similar please. I don't mind spending the $$ for pro eagle but thats really my limit. I currently use a craftsman 2 ton but the height isn't enough.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Harbor Freight jack. Works great with a block of wood. I can get the left or right side, both front and back, off the ground with no problem. It will get the rear off the ground as well. Never tried the front. Been very happy with it.

I’d consider the Pro Eagle if you do a lot of off-roading and want to take it with you. The HF is a beast and very heavy

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pro Eagle for $450 is definitely worth it! I have 2, the 2 ton Beast and the 3 ton Kratos. Both come with extensions if they're brand new like you said. It will also come with snap ring pliers to put the wheels on. Yes, the Beast lifts the Raptor off the ground. Get it!

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pro Eagle for $450 is definitely worth it! I have 2, the 2 ton Beast and the 3 ton Kratos. Both come with extensions if they're brand new like you said. It will also come with snap ring pliers to put the wheels on. Yes, the Beast lifts the Raptor off the ground. Get it!
My 2 ton OG and my modified beast (skid plate only/no wheels) will get the front of the truck off the ground from the frame pretty easy, and I am not exactly stock either. Rear is a bit of a different story…..

I’m with you on the litttle snap ring pliers, they are cool. Not sure that is a selling point though, lol

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2 ton OG and my modified beast (skid plate only/no wheels) will get the front of the truck off the ground from the frame pretty easy, and I am not exactly stock either. Rear is a bit of a different story…..

I’m with you on the litttle snap ring pliers, they are cool. Not sure that is a selling point though, lol
What's different in the rear? To me, the rear is easier than the front? I'm not stock either, running 37s. But Pro Eagles are great, especially at that price!

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's different in the rear? To me, the rear is easier than the front? I'm not stock either, running 37s. But Pro Eagles are great, especially at that price!
I have about 6” more droop then stock. But, the comment was more of a full droop when jacking from the frame to say check nitrogen vs off the axle tube to change a tire.

OP
OP
S

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1B8E40C5-C108-4B8A-9C1A-27828B65FE00.jpeg
Ok I just said let’s do it and picked it up for $450 cash. If anyone is in the LA area and is looking for the same deal you can PM me and I’ll give you the details. He also had the 3 ton but I simply just didn’t need something of that size and if I do take it off roading this is really already pushing the limits. I think I’m rotating my tires tomorrow so we will see what happens and I’ll give a full review.