Laser jammers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can tell you this: If you own and operate a laser jammer be prepared to lie to your auto insurance company.

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And if I see it be prepared to pay the fine. There are some tthat we can detect.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
i run ALP systems on my 2 fast cars. I am extremely pleased with them. I run an ****** max 360 and a V1 at the same time.

I installed them because for a while, I bro'd out and did some road rallies.

If I hadn't gotten into road rallies, I probably wouldn't have bothered because I very rarely speed enough to warrant a citation.

The biggest thing that you need to understand is that any of this laser tech will only buy you a maximum of 3 seconds before all of your countermeasures are immaterial.

if you can't slow down to the speed limit and shut your countermeasures off in 1-2 seconds, you're getting a ticket.

If you have to lock up your wheels to slow down fast enough, you're getting a ticket.

If an officer pulls you over for ANYTHING and sees your countermeasures, you're getting a ticket.

the other thing to note as far as detection of the jamming device is that any ticket being written to address actively using laser jamming tech isn't difficult to fight and win. It is near impossible to correlate the unit being powered up and being actively used with a time stamp of it functionally blocked or shifting a speed detection device. most PDs will not invest the time with warrants and tech consultant costs that it would take to do this and the ALP doesnt keep logs that long, so they'd probably be overwritten before a warrant was issued.

this is a moot point in states with statutes written that specify ownership of laser jamming equipment as illegal.

In these scenarios, it also isn't hard to demonstrate the ALP system's use as parking sensors, thus negating the potential illegal nature of ALP's laser shifting capabilities.

Last edited:

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen a ticket I've written be beaten. We get a specific alarm on the gun when one is detected.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I've never seen a ticket I've written be beaten. We get a specific alarm on the gun when one is detected.

I've beaten them in 3 states.

But like I said before, I stopped doing road rallies. ( stopped early last year, so if detection has improved that much in the past 18 months, my experience is no longer how things can go.) not many people are tech savvy enough to understand what it would take to prove the infraction without a shadow of a doubt. I educated my lawyer on it based on my level of technical expertise. He found validity in the line of logic and leveraged it in having tickets dismissed.

oh, and I wanted to add that if you are driving in a state where they take laser from overpasses, none of this tech will do a damn thing. the same thing goes for laser being used from the air.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lift_to_suceed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run ALP systems on my 2 fast cars. I am extremely pleased with them. I run an ****** max 360 and a V1 at the same time.

I installed them because for a while, I bro'd out and did some road rallies.

If I hadn't gotten into road rallies, I probably wouldn't have bothered because I very rarely speed enough to warrant a citation.

The biggest thing that you need to understand is that any of this laser tech will only buy you a maximum of 3 seconds before all of your countermeasures are immaterial.

if you can't slow down to the speed limit and shut your countermeasures off in 1-2 seconds, you're getting a ticket.

If you have to lock up your wheels to slow down fast enough, you're getting a ticket.

If an officer pulls you over for ANYTHING and sees your countermeasures, you're getting a ticket.

the other thing to note as far as detection of the jamming device is that any ticket being written to address actively using laser jamming tech isn't difficult to fight and win. It is near impossible to correlate the unit being powered up and being actively used with a time stamp of it functionally blocked or shifting a speed detection device. most PDs will not invest the time with warrants and tech consultant costs that it would take to do this and the ALP doesnt keep logs that long, so they'd probably be overwritten before a warrant was issued.

this is a moot point in states with statutes written that specify ownership of laser jamming equipment as illegal.

In these scenarios, it also isn't hard to demonstrate the ALP system's use as parking sensors, thus negating the potential illegal nature of ALP's laser shifting capabilities.
Thanks for the info, i know they buy you time to slow down which would be fine. The speed limits around here are ridiculous and i just had my first laser ticket last night in almost 6 yrs which is why im curious about them

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AL Priority makes their sensors and processors in Croatia and frequently tops the charts in parking sensor technology. The firmware is updatable from an iOS. Sold in the US as a parking sensor one “can” go to another European site, hack the firmware and this will build a laser jammer that works on all the guns.

The problem is that quite a few guns can detect a “Jam to Gun” and it is a wiser strategy doing a “Jam to Kill.” Set the system to alert and interfere for 3-4 seconds, knock the speed off, and then the system goes into standby. From the end user perspective the gun will generate a speed readout only after the system goes into standby thus making it difficult for the officer to determine if he’s being unstable with the gun or just having a hard time getting a return. Glossy, clean, black cars are fantastic at scattering the IR beam away from the guns sensor so officers tend to shoot at head lights or license plates, exactly where you put the sensors.

I usually drive speeds safe for conditions and also embrace “engineered speeds” in areas sophisticated enough to establish them. Although infrequent, I sometimes feel the PSL is complete BS. Why is the limit 80-85 in one state and 65 in another under similar settings of sparsely populated areas. It’s a nice insurance policy to “Hicktown USA” that throws a 45 in there hidden behind a tree and the other small towns that rely upon this tax to pay the bills, which subsequently screws up ones insurance rates.

Works like a charm. The last readout came as I was passing a vehicle camped out in the #1 lane below the PSL, glad I had it.

c4aeabba955a4e0681cb692a30651d3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.