Lane Assist Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mars911red

Reaction score
This is correct and can be referenced in the Owner’s Manual. Lane Centering is only available when using adaptive cruise control with stop and go. Normal lane keeping assist does not function the same way, it only bumps you back toward the center of the lane.
Hey, stop taking the easy way out and reading the manual and doing your homework. :) I gotta admit, this is the biggest owners manual by page count I have ever seen.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last spring I purchased a new 2021 Kia Forte GT Line for my kids to use when they start to drive. No way I want them driving my Raptor. As I waited for my Raptor to arrive i put about 10,000 miles on the Kia. For a $23,000 car I think the Lane Keeping Assist is very, very good. I couldn’t wait to get my Raptor and see how much better this feature would be on a much more expensive vehicle. I picked up my Raptor in September and love it. However, the LKA is almost inferior to my Kia. While driving the Kia I feel 90% assured that it will stay in its lane smoothly with no “ping pong” affect. I’d almost be willing to close my eyes and let it do the driving. My Raptor I only feel about 40% assures that it will maintain its lane and when it does correct it’s very choppy. That being said I was somewhat hoping for the BlueCruise to perhaps refine these features.

Side note…..when the Active Cruise Control is on the LKA/Lane Centering are very good. I have no idea why Ford doesn’t allow these features to work so well when ACC is not on!!!!!