Lake Powell…Just as bad as Lk Mead? Maybe worse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The entire SW US is unsustainable from a water standpoint.

It's just a matter of time before big pipelines will have to be built from Oklahoma to feed TX, AZ, NM, and S Cal with a reliable water source. Why OK? Look at a map of the US, and OK is the closest green spot to any of those areas.

Waiting 5+ years for rain to hopefully fill up some reservoir is not going to cut it for the next 1000 years.

mprice1234

Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
This hit the news today!

"Water levels in Lake Mead are continuing to deplete to dangerous levels -- so much so that the reservoir could soon hit "dead pool" levels.
Lake Mead, formed by the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, is the largest reservoir in the U.S. and supplies drinking water to millions of people in California, Arizona, Nevada, and part of Mexico. Water levels have continued to hit all-time lows since last year and are now getting dangerously close to becoming a "dead pool" -- when water won't flow to a dam and is too low to flow downstream."

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This hit the news today!

"Water levels in Lake Mead are continuing to deplete to dangerous levels -- so much so that the reservoir could soon hit "dead pool" levels.
Lake Mead, formed by the Hoover Dam on the Colorado River, is the largest reservoir in the U.S. and supplies drinking water to millions of people in California, Arizona, Nevada, and part of Mexico. Water levels have continued to hit all-time lows since last year and are now getting dangerously close to becoming a "dead pool" -- when water won't flow to a dam and is too low to flow downstream."
I remember as a kid being told, "water and the air you breathe will always be free", yeah, that didn't last. There is an easy fix, Canada has so much fresh water, actually I'm pretty sure Washington State has enough that they could help fill Lake Mead. I bet there is more to this problem then we know about.