La Carrera Del Norte - G&P goes south of the border

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great Updates, Thanks Grant.

Gary took some sweet pictures! Some of the effects make them look like a painting, very cool!

Best thing is you will have a little wrench turner to follow in your foot steps. That is really cool.

OP
OP
G & P Racing

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great Updates, Thanks Grant.

Gary took some sweet pictures! Some of the effects make them look like a painting, very cool!

Best thing is you will have a little wrench turner to follow in your foot steps. That is really cool.

Thanks Carl. Gary is a pro, his does great work and creates awesome shots. I am just glad I never ran him over LOL. and so is he! Gary and Vivian were a blast to have around. Gary knows his way around a race truck and the pair of them always spice up the party!

The new little team member might just make the 1000....going to Baja before the first birthday...LOL. Patty wants to make it happen if we can. They may do tech in Mexicali and then fly down to Cabo and hang there, meet us in La Paz and then again at the Finish in San Jose del Cabo. That would be sweet. Just depends on how Patty and the little one are doing.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Had an incredible time, thanks Grant for having us as part of your team... this was great practice and experience for the next 1000.

Hoping to have the video up very soon!

Matt, it was great having you!! Your support in planning and logistics was nothing short of amazing. Have not posted up much on those details cause I dont want to give away all your trade secrets. Next year I expect a big turn out for the 1000 and we need every advantage we can get! LOL

We learned alot this time around and while the tougher course took its toll a few times we gained some insight into what needs to be done to improve the rig. Really good prep for the team for the 1000.

I can't wait to see VIDEO!! You always do such a great job.

Thanks so much for your support and all the effort you put in for the team. You and Gordon hanging out half the night in the desert where the wild things are....just beyond the call of duty...but it truly helped us get to the finish line.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome, my little one went to his First THCI off-road event at 3 months, and my poor wife has been on our annual Hummer Snow run and Snoball 13 pregnant. Too bad my too are a little small to get out to the RallyX track, but once they turn 12 I can throw a helmet on them and they can ride along with me.

Too bad I won't get a chance to throw any snow at Keith, unless I go over to his house and ambush him when he walks to his barn... if he actually ever leaves that building...

But I have a feeling both will have enough seat time by then that they will not be happy riding and will want to drive... Sorry boys, rules say 16 with a DL. HE HE

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You and Gordon hanging out half the night in the desert where the wild things are....just beyond the call of duty...but it truly helped us get to the finish line.

One of those things that we'll remember the rest of our lives!

"Remember that time we were stranded in the mexican dessert, 60 miles from the nearest highway, with no radio or sat phone contact, in the middle of the night for 6 hours?"

Seriously, this is the shit we live for!

OP
OP
G & P Racing

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea, well they ran out of beer so they "had" to switch to Tequila. LMAO But they were very happy when they got the radio call that we were on our way back and were getting close to them. Gordon had this little bad ass green laser that we could see from way way out. We had Wes and Mike staged at the trail head just in case we needed some extra support. It was a group effort for sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G & P Racing

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Carnage on the last day....

Matt just snagged this shot from our GoPro. Our new buddy Gordon is busy getting the rig to come back to life after a major yard sale. This was a double front endo...wow.

Gordonaftertheroll_zps9765e9da.jpg

Here is a post finish line interview, so glad those guys made it!