La Carrera Del Norte - G&P goes south of the border

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well now I am more jealous.

"Hey guys... let's go race in the desert and have a blast at the end of each day! Oh by the way some dudes are going to actually get dirty helping us and toss in some delicious tequilla!"

Damn, I think I would have thought I died and was in heaven....

OP
OP
G & P Racing

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This dude right here is my right hand man. Toughest job there is....gets to hang on for dear life with no steering wheel then jump out and fix whatever the hell I broke this time LOL
He is rock steady and calls the course with out missing a beat!! Thanks Keith!!

1421_zps4191833c.jpg

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! Mexico is the real shit. Its hard to put it all in words but hauling ass down back roads, twisty trails and old sand washes is just fun fun fun. There were places that we went dead ass slow with one wheel up against a rock wall and the the other on the edge ( Wiz's side ) of a long drop into a canyon....and places we were running over 105 mph just flat ass flying. All the people we met along the way add something really special.

The last day, we were somewhere in the third section and got a flat. We had the new one on and were just getting it off the jack when this cool orange buggy/prerunner came along and even though we told them we were OK then spun around and helped load up the flat and jack and got us on the way just that little bit faster. The were a support rig for Tequila Los Valientes. When we got to the finish then came over and handed us a gatorade bottle half full of Tequila straight from the barrel. Awesome stuff. We told them we thought is was great and they tossed in a full bottle in the truck to share with our crew. These guys were fun and we hung and partied with them for awhile before going back to the pits at the hotel and loading the truck. Our whole support crew passed around that bottle while we decompressed from a great three day adventure. Cant wait to get back to Baja Mexico!!!

1602_zpsbba7917f.jpg

That's what Baja is all about! You have those few that don't care about anyone else but most of the time everyone helps everyone and this is a great example of that. I've only been to Baja a hand full of times and ony been to two races down there and like you said it's not all just balls to the wall there are those tight sections. I'm sure wiz had faith you would roll him down the cliff haha I agree with everyone I'm super jealous I'd love to be able to race even if it's just one small race it's a rush! The work that goes into it and the awesome team you need to stand behind you make things easier and it looks like you had a great crew all around!! Congrats to the whole G&P race team!

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This dude right here is my right hand man. Toughest job there is....gets to hang on for dear life with no steering wheel then jump out and fix whatever the hell I broke this time LOL
He is rock steady and calls the course with out missing a beat!! Thanks Keith!!

1421_zps4191833c.jpg

At least he looks happy and calm in the picture.... or wait..... what might he be looking at on his phone.......?

Last edited:

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will get more up soon. At the moment sitting on a plane getting ready to leave for HongKong. The guys have lots more I have not even seen yet!

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great job! Looks like an absolute blast and I'm very jealous.

Glad you guys were able to finish strong and everyone made it home safe and sound.

OP
OP
G & P Racing

G & P Racing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So here is more of the story...

Hanging out in Mexico is the best and having a whole day for tech gave us some free time to just relax and meet some new people. One of these folks was Gordon, not our Gordon, another Gordon with a sweet original vintage race truck.

The other Gordon

theotherGordon_zps4be4cb2b.jpg

Our Gordon and Matt hanging out next to Gordons sweet Raptor...hell buddy, I think yours is tricker than mine, you should be racing that thing!

gordonandmatt_zps642feff7.jpg

We had some really fine machines in the Evolution group. Check out number 66, the ToyoVette, LS motor, IRS...look at that front droop when he hits the gas leaving the line while we stage behind him.

Got travel?

66offthestartline_zpse5d65bec.jpg

Another fine machine was the ill fated number 114, seen here staged before the start on day one.

114atthestart_zpsd8405991.jpg

As I said before, that sweet class 1 crashed out about mile 17 in stage one the first day. Here is a shot I clipped from a Utube posting by Steve Krieger to give you his in car POV of Wiz jumping out of our rig to check on those guys. Number 66 is just in front of him. We were thrilled to find them all OK while the car was upside down and up in flames.

Wizjumpsouttocheckon114_zpsb662d168.jpg

Day one after a couple of stages we make it to our first fuel stop, we ended up using the Pemex Station and it was a quick in and out deal.

Team effort at the Pemex

teameffortatPemex_zps20bbb173.jpg

Matt briefs us on the next fuel stops.

Mattbriefsusonnextfuelstops_zpsb3924d14.jpg

Wiz under the net....

Wizunderthenet_zps2f0d4017.jpg

Truck number 727 is headed out after the same fuel stop. They don't know it yet, but that right front wheel is going to be doing a cliff hanger in the next stage, but Wiz is handy with a tow strap! They also lost that sand ramp and extra spare up top on day three...we found it out on the trail and gave it to the NORRA guys to return to them....I think they owe us some beers LOL.

No 727 headed out for the last stage of day one.

number727_zps96218f42.jpg

Here we are...when both heads are down, your looking for the course! LOL

lookingforthecourse_zpsf3326d2d.jpg

One of the really cool things that happen this event, we were not the only Raptor out there racing. Check this rig out.

Mexico's Dakar Raptor

MexicoDakarRaptor_zps7c845a52.jpg

Vintage Dodge racer hauls ass

vintagedodgehaulsass_zpsb31adbcc.jpg

Sometimes I really feel for the chase crews, hurry up and hang...hot dusty..not much going on, well, you can imagine. We roll into these remote locations gas and go...but on occasion...

Wiz loose at last...

wizlooseatlast_zpsf1f3192f.jpg

What sinister thought is on his mind???

whatsinisterthoughtisonhismind_zpse0775e5d.jpg

but for the most part, pit stops are easy going and relaxed. A chance for a photo op for the boys with Vivian while Wes and Mike hang around the dually, they already loaded a fresh set of spares for us..

Ripped that one!

rippedthatone_zps0acefa8c.jpg

Sometimes we are on track, but not where we are suppose to be. After following the course, right on the line, we get to the top of the hill and find the end of the stage is set up 75 yards to the right!! LOL

Quick detour to the checkpoint

quickdetourtocheckpoint_zps35cdf786.jpg

While hanging out and working on their tans, the support crew cheer on new friends.

Gordon waves at Gordon

gordonwavesatgordon_zpsd6bd5a1f.jpg

this course was kinda bumpy in spots.

Front droop

frontdroop_zpsacc9e5fc.jpg

Front bump

frontbump_zps9e9554ef.jpg

After a long night of beer and shots, we were ready to head out.

Ripping out of town on day three

leavingSanFelipepart2_zps70f9290d.jpg

One of the cooler things I saw was guys bringing there kids along for the fun. This youngster is getting the ride of his life, check out this four shot series Gary captured. Awesome stuff.

kidgetsaride1_zps613968bc.jpg

kidgetsaride2_zpsbcfb79b9.jpg

kidgetsaride3_zps1dec207f.jpg

kidgetsaride4_zps2d707000.jpg

We found lots of places to rip it up ourselves. Here are just a few.

Using up the travel

usingupthetravel_zps7dc1e193.jpg

Keith says " right right right...LOL"

keithsaysrightrightright_zpse41dd2aa.jpg

She pulls a touch to the left....

shepullsatouchtotheleft_zps1f6e68e5.jpg

The last day, almost done with it all, we come up on our new friend Gordon sitting in mid trail not looking so good. He is standing in the cab hanging out over the engine working away on the motor. His co-driver is standing near by. Its a yard sale. parts all over. Gordon says he is fine and will have it going in a minute. We offer to help. Nope, got it he says. We check on the Co-driver one more time. They had rolled it going over 85 MPH. Later, after we had finished they came in and took the checkered flag, parked the rig and hung with us and some of the other support crews. Great job bringing it home Gordon.

Hanging at the finish line with the tequila boys.

atthefinishline_zps863ef78b.jpg

Gordons Dodge after a hard day

gordonsdodge_zps14e567fc.jpg

We had finished, fixed everything that broke, made every stage without penalty....

Hard earned list of stage times

hardearnedlistoftimes_zps440ad28c.jpg

We hauled number 95 north the next day....and start w taking off all the race rubber and gear and begin an inspection.

Back at Outlaw at last, with street shoes.

backatOutlawOffroadatlast_zps8cc9e602.jpg

There will be more to come. Look for an update soon of our build thread where we will share what broke how we fixed it and what we have already done to make it even better for next time!!