Krown Rust Prevention???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rickch

Reaction score
How much prep was necessary before you used POR15. I have not used that product but I’m assuming just wire brushing and cleaned before use?

Your work looks great!

Aaleck

Reaction score
I just got my truck sprayed by Krown a couple of months ago. It seems pretty thorough. The whole thing took maybe 30 mins and that’s with them drilling the holes, taking off the rear brake lights, etc.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my dealer spray my 18. What a nightmare!!!!!! They didn’t wash any of the salt off before spraying. Sprayed control arms, skid plate, and got some on the shocks. They got over spray everywhere, as far up as the roof. They also missed a bunch of areas. I’m so pissed I don’t even want this truck anymore!!!!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have a guy that fluid films vehicles and a Krown dealer in our area. Just trying to decide what route to go....

FF stinks bad IMO. I would not want the entire underside of my truck slathered in that unless I had no sense of smell.

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, krown it .You can wipe it off the shocks, but it will keep your truck rust free for ever if you regularly do it. With offroading, it comes off, so personally, i try not to leave it to be re sprayed longer than two years ..i also have a gen 1 tho .The rockers are garbage on the truck so I have to keep up on it .I have a 2005 nissan frontier as well, with 230 000 miles and not a shred of rust. The only drawback is it will swell rubber seals. If you wipe it off, rubber will swell slower.

Lpotter13

Reaction score
How much prep was necessary before you used POR15. I have not used that product but I’m assuming just wire brushing and cleaned before use?

Your work looks great!
Also wondering about this. I’ve got some surface rust I’d like to take care of. Really like how well this came out after fully spraying everything black.

PeteGav

Reaction score
I hit my entire undercarriage with duplicator spray on bed liner. this stuff sticks to everything and visually it looks like its working. Not sure whats going on underneath but I haven't seen any rust come through in 2 years.