Kooks vs. SW vs. ARH

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i'm ready to make my truck louder and faster, just need to figure out which system to go with. in the interest of comparison, i'm trying to figure out the price for a full system from headers all the way back to the exhaust pipes, with high-flow cats. so far, this is what i've got:

American Racing charges $3180 for the whole kit.
Stainless Works looks to be about $2560 for it all.
Kooks pricing is looking to be $3220 for everything.

why does SW, seemingly the main choice of those on this forum, look so much cheaper than the rest? is it just a great deal? am i missing a part? (i put the catted x-pip headers with the true dual exhaust.) are there real quality differences? all have good reps and all -- i think -- are american made.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think you will be extremely impressed with the Stainless Works quality and fitment. They have also shown tremendous power gains time and time again. You're not missing anything. Stainless Works uses 304L stainless, comes complete with everything you need, 100% made in the USA, and their build quality is impeccable. Add to that, we have a sale valid for the next 2+ weeks to make the entire setup much much less than $2560 delivered to your door. We also work with 5 Star Tuning to offer SCT devices with the necessary custom tunes. :banana-mario:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f227...x-return-aka-mod-stimulus-package-sale-32226/

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All great choices

Personally i love all 3 brands and have had all 3 of them on my vehicles

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on the sound your looking for. I think all are great companies but there are differences in the sound of each. ARH does not make a true dual while SW and kooks does.

OP
OP
showerfan

showerfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. I don't know what the performance differences are between a Y-pipe or true dual, but the OCD in me wants true dual. Is my disorder leading me in the right direction for more torque?

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think SW was also the first to offer LT for the raptor engines. I have no experience with others but love my SW.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good point. I don't know what the performance differences are between a Y-pipe or true dual, but the OCD in me wants true dual. Is my disorder leading me in the right direction for more torque?

Uhh not necessarily going to increase torque with a true dual. Torque will increase with the long tubes. The rest is mostly sound preference. The true dual will give the deepest throaty sound. True dual means the the pipes do not merge together from the headers all the way back to the tips. Ie two pipes, two cats, two mufflers, two tips

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be extremely impressed with the Stainless Works quality and fitment. They have also shown tremendous power gains time and time again. You're not missing anything. Stainless Works uses 304L stainless, comes complete with everything you need, 100% made in the USA, and their build quality is impeccable. Add to that, we have a sale valid for the next 2+ weeks to make the entire setup much much less than $2560 delivered to your door. We also work with 5 Star Tuning to offer SCT devices with the necessary custom tunes. :banana-mario:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f227...x-return-aka-mod-stimulus-package-sale-32226/

I love my SW full header with Thermal coated Black and an ass kicking tune by Mike over at 5 star....I had a drone in mine that I needed to add a hermotz resonator, once that was done, it was even better!