Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Kooks Long Tubes & Y Pipe

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Exhaust and Cutouts Discussion [GEN 1]' started by TheChopShopLLC, Apr 2, 2018.

Stainless Works
  1. TheChopShopLLC

TheChopShopLLC Full Access Member

Does anyone have any experience with these for the 6.2L?

Thanks

2. Riddick

Riddick Full Access Member

Yes

AndysLog likes this.
  3. dhawks

dhawks Full Access Member

I don't specifically have experience with the Kooks offering (my truck has the American Racing headers), but there is a lot information on this forum that a few searches would dig up.

4. Sozzy12

Sozzy12 Full Access Member

What he said...

5. Riddick

What specifically do you want to know?

6. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

Well, since the OP isn't paying attention, I have a question about this topic. I'm planning on going to Kooks long tubes to let my supercharger breath better. I'm on the fence between the catted Y-pipe to my existing Magnaflow cat back versus the full true dual long tubes. My only hang up is noise. I REALLY like that the Magnaflow is not obnoxious at all. It just has a nice rumble. I take a lot of long trips, some towing, and I do not want an overly loud exhaust.

I know it's hard to describe or compare, but I'm trying to get as good an idea as I can about what to expect from the Kooks full system in terms of noise versus my Magnaflow.

On a side note I'd either be doing an over the axle dump or some custom work to get the tubes to exit through my bumper. I can't have them hanging out below the bumper, I'll crush them (again).

7. Riddick

I can’t comment on Magnaflow, but I started with the Borla touring and on startup it was loud and very raspy with the headers and catted y-pipe. Highway speed had good manners, but wot was a little obnoxious. I’ve since gone true dual and used the Borla side exit. Couldn’t be happier. Nice startup, great rumble, nice tone at wot, and quiet as a church mouse at 75mph. One of these days (just need to get off my lazy a$$), I’m going to change my pipes to this:

Attached Files:

AndysLog likes this.
  8. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

So you now have the Kooks true dual (four mufflers, right?) with just the Borla exit?

Not the best picture, but if I go with the true dual, I think I'm going to see if I can get the pipes to exit here (one on each side).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  9. Riddick

Yes, true dual. It has two mufflers and two resonators. I can try and get a pic of it tonight. Then I just used the Borla tail pipes that exit out in the stock location. I didn’t like the Kooks that exit straight out the back. Probably could have used the stockers, but the Borla was already on there.

10. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

So it's not terribly loud, but decently rumbly? Say, compared to the Roush exhaust?